This Job Listing is about TechnoServe in Abidjan, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire 2022
Role: Project Manager
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
TechnoServe works with enterprising women and men in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
- Position Description
The Program Manager will fill the role in an anticipated agricultural project funded by a donor, focusing on the cocoa value chain. The proposed program seeks to build the capacity of cocoa cooperatives to independently source cocoa beans according to the donor’s specifications and principles, and supply beans to other international buyers. TechnoServe will enhance the capacity of the network of supplier cooperatives through customized management support designed to strengthen the financial and business skills of the cooperative leaders, employees, and members.
The Program Manager will lead the overall implementation and management of the anticipated program, including providing oversight of activities, developing workplans, overseeing the program budget, and reporting to the donor on delivery and progress. S/He will be the primary point of contact between TechnoServe and the donor, relaying key updates related to the program’s day-to-day implementation.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs the execution of project activities and ensures timely implementation of the project;
- Oversee the recruitment of project staff, providing guidance, direction and leadership support to the program team to achieve results;
- Ensure proper allocation of expenditures within and across the project and monitor the program budget, using TechnoServe tools, to ensure that expenditure rates are in line with objectives;
- Ensure that the operational and financial execution rates of the project are in line with their respective rates of progress.
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation of results, and produce narrative reports for internal and external consumption;
- Timely production and sharing of project performance measures, including quarterly Program Status Reports (PSRs) and departmental measurement data.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders ;
- Ensure that project activities are conducted in accordance with local/national donor policies and regulations, TechnoServe;
- Supervise and supervise project staff. Develop, inspire and enable the team to deliver high quality results;
- Conduct negotiations to amend agreements with donors/partners as required.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, operational management or business-related studies; Master’s degree in business, economic, finance, or another relevant subject area would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ field and program management experience; experience managing agriculture value chain development programs preferred
- Deep knowledge of the coca industry and its challenges
- Strong project management and budgeting skills; experience oversseing a multi-year program preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability working with teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High levels of cultural sensitivity and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written and cohesive analytical reports
- Fluency in English and French
Travel: Willingness to travel within the country up to 40% of the time and to reside upcountry on a quasi-permanent mode.
Closing statements for all TechnoServe job postings:
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
As part of our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation, and we vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that prevents you from using our online system to apply for a job at TechnoServe, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or call +1 202 785 4515.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abidjan, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Application Deadline: N/A