Website Creative Associates International
This Job Listing is about Creative Associates International in Toshkent, Toshkent, Uzbekistan 2022
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Uzbekistan All Children Succeeding Activity. The goal of this activity will be to improve the learning outcomes of Uzbekistani primary school students. To achieve this, the activity will strengthen the capacity of education sector systems to provide quality learning environments with the instruction, materials and supporthat children need while they are in school, at home, or in the community. Equity and inclusion will serve as core principles of this activity; therefore, interventions will work to address the learning needs of children with disabilities and integrate Universal Design for Learning principles to ensure that approaches reach and support all children.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) manages the various technical components of the program, working closely with the Chief of Party, program team, and external stakeholders, to ensure program achieves results.
- Provide operational management and leadership in coordination with the COP.
- Support the COP in technical, operational and management, oversight and represent the project in the COP’s absence.
- Oversee all program operations, including administration, human resources, procurement and logistics, IT, communications, and grants.
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented, ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting.
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of operational staff in all project offices.
- Support the COP in managing the project team, ensuring a technically and operationally-sound program.
- Lead the development of annual work plans, milestone plans, and programmatic and operational budgeting.
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and deliverables, including quarterly, annual, and financial reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Ensure project activities are meeting client expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately.
- Work with the COP to improve implementation processes throughout the project.
- Serve as acting COP as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in education or relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical and/or operational areas related to education and development work.
- Minimum eight years of experience in program management, with a strong background in education and early grade reading programs.
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-awards with international consortiums including local organizations, NGOs, communities, and parents.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff.
- Experience living and/or working in Uzbekistan and/or the Central Asia region.
- Advanced professional proficiency in Uzbek and/or Russian required. Professional proficiency in English highly desirable.
Company: Creative Associates International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toshkent, Toshkent, Uzbekistan
Application Deadline: N/A