Swissôtel Positions in Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia – Executive Chef
Are you looking for a Job at Swisstel in Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
About the job
“A passion for perfection”
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Al Maqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka’aba and the Grand Mosque.
The Executive Chef will oversee the Culinary Division, plan and be responsible for food production and management of all food while taking ownership for the development and quality of the kitchen areas.
Summary Of Responsibilities
- Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environmental commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities
- Oversee the selection, training and development of all Culinary colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and a focus on career growth and development
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests
- Ensure all kitchens are compliant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Food & Beverage service standards and controls
- Ensure that all kitchen operations are compliant with legislated food safety regulations
- Responsible for attaining food cost of sales goals by overseeing ordering, inventories and food controls for the entire division. Will work with food stores to ensure proper delivery(and quality) of all food items
- Assist in the annual planning of the F&B budget as it pertains to the kitchen (food cost, productivities), as well as implementation and regular monitoring of the budget/forecasts
- Work with sous chefs to ensure that the weekly productivity forecast is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Source local ingredients for seasonal food items
- Ensure that all menus are created using guest feedback, industry trends, competitive intelligence, seasonal offerings and all FHR service standard
- Work together with the F&B Manager on all areas pertaining to menus and food service
- Develop menus for all food operations. Ensure all menu items are costed accurately
- Play an active role in the F&B operation committee meetings
- Ensure that work on the kitchen action plans for Colleague engagement and Guest satisfaction remain the focus for the kitchen team
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding and positive relationships between the departments and the kitchen (Events, Accounting, HR, Engineering, etc)
- Ensure heart of house is clean and well maintained-maintain effective preventative maintenance program for all kitchens
- Responsible for the running of the Employee Dining Room, including cleanliness, operation and food production.
- 5-6 years experience in multi-outlet kitchens with a strong general operational knowledge and a minimum of 2 – 3 years in a senior Culinary leadership role
- International experience is preferred
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative
- Able to develop strong work relationships with both Guests and Colleagues alike
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession
- Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline an asset
- Advanced certification in safety and sanitation from an accredited institution
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts;
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employe
Note: Customization may be included for any specific local or legislative requirements, such as work permits
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Mecca, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.