Website Sprouts Farmers Market
Are you looking for a Job at Sprouts Farmers Market in Tempe, AZ
Does the opportunity to work with protein foods seem exciting to you? Does the opportunity to learn an expert craft and work with your own hands sound like an exciting adventure? Do you have a passion for delivering an amazing customer service experience while working in a fast, friendly environment? If the idea of helping people make healthy choices at one of the fastest growing retailers is within your grasp, then we need you to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a meat addict!
As a meat attendant at Sprouts Farmers Market, you will work in one of the most popular departments in our shop! As a meat attendant, you are responsible for providing high-level customer service, practicing safe food handling procedures, and a high level of product knowledge and preparation techniques. A practical position, the meat attendant receives, stores and grinds the meats; unloads and transports fresh, cured and canned meats and poultry from the delivery truck; count and weigh incoming items and compare the results with an invoice; and examines the meats in storage and rotates the meats to avoid aging. A meat attendant provides fast and friendly customer service of a high standard; assists customers with questions, orders and special needs while maintaining a positive and customer-centric work environment. The meat attendant is familiar with the weekly advertising articles; provides customers with product location guidance throughout the store and is able to run and follow our \”Clean.\”as You Go \”and\” Fresh at 4 \”. This position requires compliance with all procedural guidelines established by the Department of Meat. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you!
To be a meat attendant at the Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent and have a basic knowledge of math, weights and measures.
- Be reliable and trustworthy and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly demeanor; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Having the ability to work with a flexible schedule that changes as business changes, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Having good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general cleaning in the department; clean and sanitize the work area (including tables, floor, walls, containers, refrigerator, freezer, etc.).
- Comply with all safety, health, weights and measures regulations and company recipes
- Must be able to stand up to 4 consecutive hours and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles every 8 hours.
- Be able to work within a temperature-controlled area and perform general cleaning in the department; clean and sanitize the work area (including tables, floor, walls, crates, refrigerator, freezer, etc.).
- Good vision is required for using sharp knives,bandsaw, grinder, stuffer, cutter, wrapper and tenderizer.
- Being able to lift/transport products horizontally/vertically between 25 and 90 lbs, 4 \”to 60\”, a distance of up to 10 feet for 20 hours.
- Being able to use a pallet truck to move pallets horizontally up to 500 lbs, requiring up to 85 lbs force, a distance of up to 100 feet for up to 5 hours.
- Being able to move shelves of products weighing up to 70 lbs horizontally, requiring up to 25 lbs of force, for a distance of up to 50 feet for up to 10 hours.
- Being able to move tables weighing up to 70lbs, which requires a force greater than 35lbs, a distance of up to 2 feet for up to 1 hour.
Company: Sprouts Farmers Market
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.