Senior Director, Vertical Marketing, Chromatography and Mass Spec in Thermo Fisher Scientific 2022 at Welwyn, England, United Kingdom
Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
This Job Listing is about Thermo Fisher Scientific in Welwyn, England, United Kingdom 2022
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
How will you make an impact?
The Vertical Marketing leader will play a key role in supporting CMD’s go-to-market strategy. This leadership position will play a critical role in bringing a strong voice of customer back into the organization, sharing customer needs, requirements, and pain points with product teams and R&D. You will have responsibility for understanding customer needs within specific verticals, presenting those customer needs back to the organization, and building commercialization strategies to address those needs.
Reporting to the VP of Global Marketing, CMD, the Senior Director is an integral part of the global marketing team and is a key collaborator with product marketing, product management, regional marketing, and the commercial organization. The role will collaborate with product marketing during annual R&D prioritization and marketing planning, providing a view into vertical market opportunities and product development for the division.
The ideal candidate will have strong domain expertise as well as a track record in strategy and marketing. Proven success with team building, coaching, and development are essential and previous experience with regulatory agencies is desired, but not required.
The Senior Director, Vertical Marketing will have a strong strategic business perspective, global outlook and excellent collaboration and communication skills. You will also lead the team through development and execution of global, customer-focused marketing strategies, market approach/strategy, and integrated multi-channel campaigns, driving our bookings and revenue growth targets and other annual operating plan objectives. The leader in this role will be a key contributor within the Division Marketing Leadership Team and contribute to the overall growth of the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. This role will lead and develop a group of Global Vertical Marketing Directors and their teams.
A Day in the Life
- Lead organization and team through organizational change processes; build a strong team that can navigate the division and organization with ease – matrix management experience is required
- Manage and mentor a group of successful vertical marketing specialists across multiple functions to become a truly best-in class, market-driven team
- Gather customer market intelligence, VOC and VOS to support a detailed understanding of customer pain points and needs for each vertical to develop deep knowledge of each vertical and advise workflow product development
- Identify key customers and accounts per vertical and per region. Estimate share-of-wallet and strategies to grow.
- Partner with competitive intelligence team to map competitor positioning and market trends in each vertical; Understand main market trends and potential impacts for each vertical
- Monitor regulatory agencies to understand potential impacts of new regulations. Establish relationships with main regulatory bodies.
- Create and/or lead internal processes, such as strategic planning, marketing planning and R&D prioritization for all vertical applications.
- Lead commercialization and go-to-market strategies for each vertical; build strong marketing acumen within vertical team.
- Partner with divisional marketing to define compelling demand generation programs for each vertical.
- Analyze and report on market, competitive, application trends as well as workflow opportunities across the CMD (Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division) portfolio.
- Develop and monitor KPIs, metrics, and objectives for each vertical
Keys to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or the Sciences; MBA or MS highly desirable.
- 10+ years’ work experience in marketing in the Life Sciences
- Validated experience and capabilities in global and vertical strategy development
- Significant experience in building and leading impactful marketing organizations
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Excellent strategic problem solver with superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, implement and measure with a strong sense of urgency to get results
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics, and analytics
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to travel 25%+
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Welwyn, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.