Website Performance Foodservice
Are you looking for a Job at Performance Foodservice in Tucson, AZ
A delivery driver is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or truck bound within a state and/or interstate on local routes, road (OTR), shuttle and/or to deliver and unload various food and related products to customers. All routes must be completed safely in accordance with all company policies and regulations of the Department of Transportation (DOT). The driver communicates and interacts with customers, suppliers and colleagues in a professional manner ensuring that all services and functions are performed in accordance with preferred working methods and customer service practices.
- Average driver salary is $ 80k per year
- $ 3K Login BONUS!
- Quarterly Security Bonus Opportunities
- 4-5 days working week from Sunday to Saturday, days may vary – must be flexible
- Possible stopovers on certain routes
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
- Perform all required safety checks (e.g. before/after the trip) including tractor/truck and trailer inspections according to Department of Transportation regulations ( DOT); inspect the tractor/truck and trailer to ensure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or necessary repairs.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company guidelines and policies on safe driving. Report all risks immediatelyfor safety.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured cargo. Check item counting and check customer invoices for products that have been uploaded. Check and complete accurately and legibly all required documents associated with the load.
- Guide and deliver customer orders according to the predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Download products from trailer, transports the items to the storage areas designated by the customer. Perform damage control checks on items, scan and contact order removal supervisor based on company policy. Verify the delivery of items with the customer and get the correct signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns onto the trailer and secure the trailer doors.
- Make sure the tractor, trailer and cargo are properly locked and/or secured at all times.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring the driver to check-in and complete the necessary documents. Unload all equipment, materials and remove waste from trailers as required.
- Carry out general cleaning tasks in the tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Benefits of high performance food service include:
- Health Benefits Day 1!
- Company Paired with 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Wide Permits paid
- Educational assistance
- Purchase benefits
- Opportununlimited growth and more!
Click here to preview the job
- High school diploma/GED or state-approved equivalent
- CDL A valid
- Meet all licensing requirements and/or state certification (where applicable)
- Must be 21 years old
- Clean Motor Vehicle (MVR) report for the past 3 years
- Pass post drug test -Offer and criminal background check
- Pass the road test
- DOT health card valid and/or able to guarantee new DOT health card
- Able to manually lift and use two-wheeled vehicles, tail lifts and/or other equipment to move and/or stack crates/loads of products of various sizes and weights during the shift; the product generally varies between 10-35 lbs and up to about 60 and 90 lbs, depending on the position
Company: Performance Foodservice
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.