Website Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Are you looking for a Job at Jumeirah Group Jumeirah Hotels Resorts in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort lies 15 minutes south of the city centre and 40 minutes from Seeb International Airport. The overall development will include a 1,200 square meters Talise Spa, a diving centre, a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, a selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and a kids club. The resort will also include conference and banquet facilities to cater for Oman’s growing attraction as a destination for conferences, meetings and large-scale events. The resort forms part of a larger development that includes 300 high-end residential townhouses and villas, taking advantage of some of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastline in the Middle East.
About The Role
- An exciting role has arisen for a talented Commis Role to join the pre-opening culinary team at Jumeirah Muscat Bay Resort. The main purpose of this role to Control and ensure the smooth running of the assigned section and see to it that all areas are maintained as per the Jumeirah standard
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Organize together with the Demi Chef de Partie /Chef de Partie the shift on his/her section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Take orders from his/her Demi Chef de Partie/ Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie to follow-up food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Culinary Director / Sous Chefs in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section
- Basic knowledge on food preparations
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments
- Work to the specifications received by the Demi Chef de Partie/Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- In order to be considered for this role, you should have Preferably a 5* star Hotel experience, 2 years as Commis Chef in similar operation and Good knowledge of job related skills, alongside you Must have culinary certificate and accredited education requirement and be fluent in English
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing, Biennial flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates
Food and Beverage
Jumeirah Muscat Bay [JMBH]
Nov 2, 2021, 10:34:29 PM
Company: Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com