Website Winrock International
This Job Listing is about Winrock International in Dakar, Dakar, Senegal 2022
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Party, Senegal WASH Project
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal
GROUP: Agriculture, Resilience and Water
REPORTS TO: Water Unit Technical Director
Winrock is seeking a qualified Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project that aims to increase sustainable access to improved sanitation and water services in Senegal. The COP will manage the overall program, reporting to the Director of Winrock’s Water Unit. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Develop and implement project’s strategy to strengthen water and sanitation services and to increase demand for these services among targeted communities.
- Lead team to review existing water and sanitation services and products currently available, including assessments of water points/systems
- Advise government counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts, partner institutions, relevant Government Ministries in target countries and all other local stakeholders.
- Identify and oversee work with financial institutions and private sector partners to develop sustainable WASH business models.
- Provide programmatic leadership and oversee the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Apply adaptive management and learning approach to iteratively evaluate program results and impact. Institute adjustments to replicate and scale successful activities and course correct activities that are not yielding desired results.
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Serve as principal liaison to USAID/Senegal.
- Manage relationships with complementary USAID and donor projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in international development, public/business administration, civil engineering, natural resource management, or a similar relevant field (a bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years’ experience may be substituted).
- Minimum 5 years of COP-level experience for USAID projects.
- Experience working in Senegal in water and sanitation services, water resource management, community-led sanitation, market-driven services.
- An understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in the water and sanitation service sector.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Contract management experience for USAID preferred.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Senegal.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management required.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role and in interacting with government stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral French and English is required.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
Company: Winrock International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A