Website BC Housing
Are you looking for a Job at BC Housing in Makkah Region
About the job
MAINTENANCE WORKER I
Job ID: 3968
REGULAR / FULL-TIME
Location: VICTORIA, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on ‘Apply’ below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people’s lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
And While They’re Here, Employees Can Take Advantage Of Many Opportunities
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians.
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
MAINTENANCE WORKER I
Performs general and emergency maintenance and repair duties for Commission-owned properties, including those operated by non-profit housing providers.
- Performs maintenance and repair duties:
- Troubleshoots and performs electrical repairs and maintenance such as repairing/replacing damaged wires, receptacles, ballasts, switches, fans, electrical fixtures, baseboard heaters, thermostats, change breakers, smoke alarms and thermocouples, as qualified;
- Repairing/replacing plumbing fixtures and hardware including toilets, sinks and basins, water lines (under two inches in diameter), caulking and sanitary and storm piping;
- Performs general carpentry repairs and maintenance such as replacing counter tops, cupboards, wall tiles, replace sheet vinyl, and installing doors, replacing locks on doors and windows, repairing railings, gyproc, painting (except on move out), rollers on sliding doors and windows, weather stripping, trim, repair and adjust door closers and repair hand and balcony rails;
- Performs exterior repairs and maintenance such as cleaning gutters and debris from roofs, minor roof repairs, replacing shingles, flashing repairs and emergency patching and caulking, snaking drains with power augers and repairing and constructing fences, gates and concrete sidewalks, patios and ramps;
- Maintains own inventory of tools as listed in Appendix B, Part I and assists to maintain inventory of equipment and materials;
- Operates Employer’s vehicle including trailers to load, unload and deliver materials, tools and equipment and/or Employer’s assets;
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance to appliances and equipment;
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance to HVAC equipment;
- Redirects contractors where minor deficiencies in the performance of work specifications are noted and reports on major deviations in contract performance on existing contracts;
- Performs work that requires adherence to safety procedures/practices when dealing with hazards;
- Required to utilize tact and diplomacy and refer tenants to other staff where appropriate. Required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
- Other related duties:
- Responds to emergencies including non-maintenance calls when Building Manager is not on site and makes emergency repairs or calls emergency services (police, fire, mental health);
- Performs minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry maintenance and emergency repair duties such as changing fuses, resetting thermostats, snaking drains and replacing hardware;
- Performs other related maintenance duties as required in the Building Manager job description.
The Successful Candidate Will Have The Following
- a high school diploma and two years’ related maintenance experience
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence and satisfactory driving record.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Journeyman Electrician training and work experience.
How To Apply
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please Review The Job Description Prior To Applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we’re committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected] .
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter + LinkedIn
Company: BC Housing
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Makkah Region
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com