Are you looking for a Job at Yelp in United States
- Please note that while this role will operate remotely, the candidate must reside in the Western region of the United States. We are not currently considering candidates in the Bay Area. *
Yelp was created to connect people with large local businesses. As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR), you will work directly with these local businesses to help them achieve their goals through Yelp’s various advertising programs. You’ll work with small business owners over the phone to determine their needs and aspirations and tailor each sale to help them make them happen. We are successful when we help our clients grow their businesses.
Because people are at the heart of everything we do, one of your top priorities is educating business owners about the value of the Yelp advertising platform. In this role, you will be directly responsible for selling ad space on Yelp to local businesses in the United States and Canada. Success in this role is measured by reaching and exceeding monthly sales goals, constantly staying on top of daily metrics, and managing rejection calmly. You will experience all of this in a supportive virtual team environment with the added flexibility of a remote workspace.
Visit www.yelp.com/careers and apply for the appropriate ad that matches your position.
What will you do
- Own and manage a pipeline of customers ranging from dentists to florists to restaurant owners, all organized in ourCRM (Salesforce)
- Say goodbye to that dreaded commute! You and your team will work from the comfort of your home to sell advertising to small local businesses on a set schedule Monday through Friday.
- Our mission is to reach as many businesses as possible. You will work when most of our clients are available during one of the following hours (at your local time), or as otherwise determined by your manager: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm; from 8:30 to 17:30; o 9:30 am to 6:30 pm
- To successfully educate, strategize, and sell Yelp’s advertising programs through a high volume of outbound sales calls – this role is 100% phone-based.
- Become a Yelp ad solutions expert and quickly adapt product recommendations to meet customer needs – asking in-depth questions and overcoming customer objections and rejection will be critical to your success.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly sales goals – a strong work ethic and tenacity are key!
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively to complete your daily goals: you know that sales are a numbers game and you are here to win.
What we look for in you
- You want to learn! You like to turn training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement – don’t take rejection personally.
- Multi-tasking is no problem. You are sure to navigate through numerous tabs, multiple screens, and to use video conferencing tools.
- You are experienced and can orient yourself with new tools and software (such as Google Suite and Salesforce).
- You are of coursecurious and like to ask all the questions necessary to find the answer.
- You are excited to be part of a team with colleagues from other states and find it just as easy to chat with your teammates during a virtual conference as meet in person.
- You are committed to maintaining a high standard of integrity and being a team player is important to you.
- You are an excellent listener, assertive, persistent and persuasive – show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and have the innate ability to inspire passion in others – you can’t wait to show everyone the value of Yelp.
- You are adaptable and can think with your own legs. When faced with new challenges or difficult conversations, failure is simply not an option.
- GED/HS diploma and 2 years of experience in contact with the customer OR;
- Bachelor’s degree
- No fear of the telephone
- General computer and email proficiency: We use Google Suite and provide a Chromebook laptop
- A distraction-free workplace
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage them independently without supervision
- Must have current US work permit
Training and development
- We offer a two-month comprehensive initial training with support and continuing professional development opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program *
- Learn industry-leading sales and communication techniques that they will allow you to find solutions for your customers and close deals
- Gain knowledgeInsight into the industry-leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Become an Internet Advertising and SMB expert
- The Yelp Sales Development Program Provides a Transparent Path to Growth professional outlining what needs to be done each day, month and quarter to reach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be entitled to increases in compensation, title and liability, which will keep your career in the right direction.
Competition and advantages
- Starting base salary of 37K plus unlimited commission
- Available on day one: Comprehensive medical, eye and dental care (employee-only plans available free to employee )
- PTO of 15 days a year for the first 2 years of work (accrual starts from the date of employment); number of PTO days increases after 2 years in office, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending and Employee Assistance
- 401 (k) Employer Matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Share Purchase Plan employees
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability and education – and those are just a few. We recognize that different backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our effortsfor diversity are closely linked to our core values, which include \”Playing well with others\” and \”Authenticity\”.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity , marriage or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider qualified candidates with a history of arrest and conviction for employment, in accordance with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for San Francisco-based roles).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you can contact us at [email protected] or at 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept resumes from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting or employee aliases. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.