Website Wilhelmsen group
Are you looking for a Job at Wilhelmsen group in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Join our global team for a career filled with opportunities to solve challenges both small and large, local and global, simple and complex.
We are looking for a Sales Incharge; whose main purpose is to provide high quality, real-time assistance to carry out inbound Cargo Operation (Imports) and outbound cargo operation (Exports).
This position will be responsible for quality document management to a high degree of reliability, visibility and easy accessibility as per standards and guidelines laid out in the company’s Global Integrated Management System (GIMS).
This position will be dedicated for our Ro Ro & NVOCC business which is part of our Global Ships Agency business division.
In Ships Agency, we provide our customers with piece of mind while we handle their cargo, their vessels and their crew. We handle 75,000 port calls per year, which means that every 7 minutes, anywhere around the world, we send a ship safely out to sea again to fulfil its purpose. We match local expertise with strict global standards, making sure we consistently make our customers’ port calls as efficient and safe as possible.
About the location / department
The position will be located at Muscat, Oman & will report to the Operations Manager, WSS Oman
Who you are:
We are looking for a suitable candidate who meet the below criteria’s
- Minimum 3 years of RoRo, Breakbulk and NVOCC Sales experience
- Atleast 1 year experience in Liner Documentation and Sales Support is preferred (especially with Eukor Car Carriers, Bertschi ISO Tanks, LCL/FCL trade etc)
- Self motivated and well structured to carry out tasks assigned.
- Strong communicator in English with proficient MS office and presentation skills. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to energetic candidates with proven sales and customer experience track record and holding valid GCC Driving license.
- Working in Teams
- Communicating Ideas and Information.
- Planning and Organising Work.
- Application Smart (Afsys, Local Customs system, Port Systems)
What you will be doing (Main responsibilities):
- Complete assigned jobs as per committed time and quality standards.
- Ensure standards of service procedures are continuously improved maintained e.g. reporting format, contents and frequency.
- Actively promote use & review of IP Log, reporting lessons learned, improvements & suggestions
- Ensure proactive and accurate agency communications e.g. reporting & documentation to principal.
- Ensure proper work allocation within department
- Ensure Import/Export documents are received in time and correctly updated into internal systems as well as external authorities (Port/Customs) prior to vessel arrival
- Ensure submission of Discharge/Load List to Feeder/Port/Consortium Partners in time
- Monitor all cargo arrival notices are sending on time and to correct party, any failed noticed should be pass on to Customer Service (CS) department within same day.
- Ensure cargo delivery orders pass on to Customer Service (CS) department prior to vessel arrival
- Ensure your team is updating container inventory on day to day basis and submit reports to the principals as per requirement/guidelines
- Ensure Terminal Departure reports (TDR) send to principals within 4 Hrs of vessel sailing.
- Ensure all damages/claims handled/follow up as per requirement/guidelines by principals within appropriate time
- Ensure repositioning of empty container as per principals guidelines without incurring demurrage charges
- Approve all invoices relates to Operations and submits back to ML Accounts for payment.
- Follow up on non delivery cargo on regular basis
- Follow-up/Reminders for uncleared cargo with Port of Loading / Consignee on a weekly basis.
- Ensure excellent service to make “ Customer Experience “
- Confidentiality of Documents to be maintained and should not be shared with anyone outside Company.
- Ensure team is attending all telephone calls and answer up to customer satisfaction
- Flexibility to work additional hours or during weekends if required.
- Work with due care and consideration to safeguard your own health and safety and the health and safety of others, adhere to the safe work practices, policies and procedures set out by the company and to report any potential hazards, mishaps, incidents or injuries that may occur
- Actively promote WSS products/services.
- Keep self updated on competitors activities and industry related information
- Collection of customer dues related to agency & related activities – all outstanding to be maintained within authorised credit limits as applicable from time to time.
- Ensure highest level Service Quality – consistent & accurate deliverables.
- E-mails/Response to be acknowledged/responded by the team within 12 hours.
- Enhance customer’s perception of WSS Oman Operations i.e. “Goodwill building” i.e. polite, efficient and positive approach with ALL stakeholders involved across all business models.
- Meet or exceed annual KPI’s targets for Operational Performance
- Profitability development ( Existing business expansion, maximising current potential / revenue increase per unit/invoice/effort) as per AOP
- Submission of Documents to Port/Customs before arrival of Vessel.
- Any amendments & corrections with customs submissions, CAN/BL/Freight invoices to be rectified within 1 working day.
- Submission of Discharge/Load list before/after vessel arrived/sails.
- Maintaining of inventory and ensuring additional inventories are moved back as per principals instruction
- Quality checks of all invoices and submits to accounts for payments promptly.
- Update principals all important market/port circulars.
- Telephone Policy adherence.
- Training targets to be met.
- No. of Non-conformity for the year.
- Performance Appraisals & Clear succession planning
- Training of Omani nationals.
Sounds interesting? If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Sales in charge.
You can apply online today through our career portal by creating a ‘Candidate Home’ account. Here you can upload your resume and a motivational letter.
Work location: Muscat, Oman
Application deadline: 25th November, 2021
Follow us on social media!
Company: Wilhelmsen group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org