Website Whole Foods Market
Are you looking for a Job at Whole Foods Market in Chicago, IL
About the work
Performs all maintenance functions for general cleaning and security on the floor, living areas, bathrooms and back office. Every job at Whole Foods Market Retail requires ensuring a positive image of the company, providing courteous, friendly and efficient service to customers and staff members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with the staff and store Standard Operating Procedures. In addition, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the roles inherent in the job descriptions of other Team Members. All positions must strive to support WFM’s core values and objectives, promote national, regional and storage programs and initiatives, and ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations, including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department. .
- Offers excellent maintenance service.
- Performs all tasks in the daily and weekly maintenance lists.
- Supports all teams with cleanup projects.
- Perform minor repairs and improvements.
- Participate in the order provided necessary for store maintenance.
- Help in cleaning emergencies.
- Helps maintain store landscaping and parking.
- Performs continuous cleaning of all departments in the store.
- Arrives at the workstation on time, properly prepared, dressed, and ready to work; works in all scheduled shifts and participates in trainingand required meetings.
- Immediately report security risks and breaches.
- Performs other roles assigned by store leadership, regional or national.
Skills for the Job
- Ability to handle unpleasant tasks with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates concern for the overall appearance of the store.
- Knowledge of WFM culture, quality standards, core values and products.
- Demonstrates passion for cleanliness
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as a team.
- Ability to follow established instructions and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a professional and proper demeanor.
- Ability to provide information in a clear and respectable manner to other team members, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding and Compliance with WFM Quality Goals
- Previous retail experience is not required.
Physical requirements/Working conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8 hour working day: standing/walking 6 to 8 hours.
- Hand use: simple grip, fine handling, pushing and pulling.
- The work requires the following movements: bending, twisting, crouching, and reaching out.
- Exposure to approved cleaning chemicalsby the FDA.
- Temperature exposure: & lt; 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), & gt; 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a damp and cold environment.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment including box cutters, electric pallet trucks and other heavy machinery.
Note : The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of the essential responsibilities for the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all duties or job requirements for each position. The requirements increase as you progress through the job levels, so any job roles required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the roles listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location and/or needs for the specific position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, to be promoted to a higher-level position, there must be a business need for the promotion and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completing certain milestones, such as earning a degree or advanced certification, time in your current position, or developing the skills to perform a higher-level role, do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide fair and equal employment opportunities for all team members and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs. ”
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com