Website Whole Foods Market
Are you looking for a Job at Whole Foods Market in River Forest, IL
About the work
Provides support as a member of the Front End team to include assisting customers through the checkout process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries and working at the customer service desk. It works to maintain attractive customer service screens and support the regional view of customer service. Every job at Whole Foods Market Retail requires ensuring a positive image of the company, providing courteous, friendly and efficient service to customers and staff members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with the staff and store Standard Operating Procedures. In addition, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the roles inherent in the job descriptions of other Team Members. All positions must strive to support WFM’s core values and objectives, promote national, regional and storage programs and initiatives, and ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations, including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department. .
- Checks customers’ groceries efficiently and accurately.
- Complies with government regulations regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
- Follow proper verification, ATM and credit procedures.
- Use proper taring procedures when registering scalable items.
- Clean and store front-end areas, including the registry itself – swappingtapes and tapes as needed.
- Follows all cash handling procedures – meeting and exceeding regional cash variance policy.
- Can assist in training new cashier and complimentary staff members.
- Assists supervisor in controlling client flow and backup lines – helping to reduce client wait times.
- Proactively participates in regional front-end programs as directed by leadership.
- arrives at the workstation on time, properly dressed, dressed and ready to work; works on all scheduled shifts and participates in required training and meetings.
- Offers excellent customer service, responds to customer needs in a timely and effective manner, and features suggestive sales techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and with courtesy.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures to prepare, store, rotate, stock and market the product.
- Follows and complies with, or ensures compliance with, established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintain or ensure the maintenance of a clean and hygienic working and shopping environment; maintains equipment to WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, middle, and closing tasks as assigned; guarantees the accuracy of signals and prices.
- Immediately report security risks and breaches.
- Performs other roles assigned by store leadership, regional or national.
Skills for the Job
- Demonstrates patience when dealing with customers and team members.
- Retain proficiency with front-end codebook and PLUs:
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to provide information in a clear and respectable manner to other team members, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, suppliers and staff members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding and complying with WFM quality goals.
- Great attention to detail.
- Previous retail experience is not required.
Physical requirements/Working conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8 hour working day: standing/walking 6 to 8 hours.
- Hand use: simple grip, fine handling, pushing and pulling.
- The work requires the following movements: bending, twisting, crouching, and reaching out.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Temperature exposure: & lt; 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), & gt; 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in an environmentdamp and cold.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment including box cutters, electric pallet trucks and other heavy machinery.
Note : The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of the essential responsibilities for the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all duties or job requirements for each position. The requirements increase as you progress through the job levels, so any job roles required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the roles listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location and/or needs for the specific position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, to be promoted to a higher-level position, there must be a business need for the promotion and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completing certain milestones, such as earning a degree or advanced certification, time in your current position, or developing the skills to perform a higher-level role, do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide fair and equal employment opportunities for all team members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, nationality,sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs. ”
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: River Forest, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org