Website Whole Foods Market
Are you looking for a Job at Whole Foods Market in Chicago, IL
Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include customer support during the checkout process, performing all cash register functions, shopping bagging and customer service counter work. Work to maintain attractive customer service displays and support the regional customer service vision. All Whole Foods Market retail jobs require you to ensure a positive image of the company by providing courteous, friendly and efficient service to customers and team members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with the standard operating procedures of the team and the store. In addition, team members must be prepared and able to perform the tasks inherent in the job descriptions of other team members. All positions must strive to support WFM’s core values and goals, promote national, regional and store programs and initiatives, and ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations, including food safety and regulatory obligations required in the department.
Responsibility for work
- Track customer spending efficiently and accurately.
- Supports government regulations relating to the sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
- Follow the correct control, debit and credit procedures.
- Use correct tare procedures when ringing scalable elements.
- Cleans and stores areas of the Front End, including its own registry, changing tapes and tape, ifnecessary.
- Follows all cash handling procedures, respecting and overcoming the regional policy on cashier variance.
- Can help with training new cashiers and courtesy team members.
- Helps the supervisor control customer flow and backup lines, helping to reduce customer waiting time.
- Proactively participate in Regional Front End programs as directed by management.
- Arrive on time at your workstation, properly groomed, dressed and ready to work; works on all scheduled shifts and attends training courses and required meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, responds to customer needs in a timely and effective manner, and models suggestive sales techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and politely.
- Maximize sales potential through effective and correct procedures for product preparation, storage, rotation, storage and merchandising.
- Follows and abides by, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including weights and measures, health and hygiene, and safe work practices.
- Maintains or ensures the maintenance of a clean and hygienic working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in compliance with WFM cleaning and safety standards.
- Performs open, half and close functions as assigned; guarantees the accuracy of signs and prices.
- Immediately report security risks and breaches.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the store management, regional or national.
- Show patiencein dealing with customers and team members.
- Maintains command of the Front-End Code Book and PLUs:
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to other team members, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- The passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding and meeting the WFM quality objectives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- No previous retail experience is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- In an 8-hour working day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Manual use: single grip, fine handling, push and pull.
- The work requires the following movements: bending, twisting, squatting and stretching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a humid and cold environment.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekendsand holidays if necessary.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including cutters, electric pallet trucks and other heavy machinery.
Note : The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not intended as a list exhaustive. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for each position. Requirements build as you progress through job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or the needs of the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in his or her current position before being considered for promotion. Additionally, to promote to a higher level position, a business need for promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completing certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in the current position, or the development of skills to play in the higher-level role do not guarantee promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we offer a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes people solely on the basis of qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs. ”
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com