University of Sharjah careers in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Website University of Sharjah
Are you looking for a Job at University of Sharjah in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
About the job
The University of Sharjah is committed to providing a world-class educational experience that prepares lifelong learners and leaders with integrated knowledge and skills. We are passionate about building a collaborative and sustainable environment that cultivates twenty-first century skills and fosters pioneering research and scholarship. We seek to serve the current and future needs of our local community and beyond by offering innovative academic and professional programs.
Since its foundation in 1997, the University has successfully become one of the top Universities inside the UAE, and has managed to make its mark in the educational and research industry worldwide.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Objective of the Role
As part of the Talent Acquisition team you will be required to supervise the process of sourcing, attracting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding talent at the University of Sharjah. As well as help promote the university’s brand through recruitment initiatives and events, and offer support and guidance to the hiring managers regarding their recruitment needs as per UoS regulations, bylaws, and procedures
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist the Head of Talent Acquisition in creating and developing the section’s processes and procedures, and ensure that they are followed and implemented correctly by team members at all times.
2. Review all submitted Talent Requisition Forms ensuring that all the required information and approvals are available as per the, and coordinate with the line manager when needed in order to develop a good understanding of the job requirements.
3. Ensure that the Talent Requisition Forms and other related job tasks are distributed between the concerned Talent Acquisition team members fairly and professionally, in order to carry out the required sourcing activities as per the approved Talent Acquisition Sourcing Plan.
4. Review the initial interview results and recommendations, and share the list of short listed candidates with the concerned line managers in order to proceed with the second interview. As well as liaise with the line managers in order to address any issues such as the lack of suitable candidates and agree on a more suitable sourcing plan.
5. Contribute as a member of the interview panel, by preparing suitable interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position based on the job description in order to help select the right candidate for the job.
6. Liaise with the final job candidates regarding the list of references to contact, ensuring that all the references are fully aware of what is expected from the reference check, and report the results to the Head of Talent Acquisition after performing the necessary reference check (via phone interview or Reference Check Feedback Form)
7. Prepare Appointment Decisions for the successful candidates as per the approved compensation policy, and ensuring that all supporting documents are attached including candidate’s CV, interview assessment feedback, scientific assessments (if any), results of reference checks, and interview panel feedback and recommendations
8. Oversee the security clearance process for new academic and non-academic staff members, and address any issues when needed in order to carry out the necessary procedure accordingly.
9. Coordinate with the concerned hiring managers and departments in order to complete the “New Employee Onboarding Plan”. As well as obtain feedback from new employees and their hiring managers regarding the onboarding process, highlight any issues concern, and suggest the necessary improvements to the line manager.
10. Maintain constant communication and assistance to the hiring managers to ensure they follow the required probation procedures such as developing employee objectives, periodic review, probation assessment, etc. and carry out the necessary actions within the HR department.
11. Create employees files and enter the required data for new academic or non-academic staff in HR LOGOS system, prepare the personnel action form and send the completed file for final auditing.
12. Train, coach and provide technical/practical expertise to new employees in any related processes to ensure they acknowledge and understand their job responsibilities and tasks.
13. Assume the role of a team leader/supervisor when required which entails planning and assignment of tasks, monitoring performance, reviewing deliverables, providing guidance and on-the-job training, reporting on status and results to the Head of Talent Acquisition Section.
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare professional documents, in both Arabic and English.
§ Familiarity with social media, C.V. databases, and professional networks.
§ Leadership skills.
§ Experience with full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
§ Good follow up and tracking skills resulting in the timely completion of multiple assignments.
§ A keen understanding of the requirements for each role.
§ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
§ Time management skills.
§ Knowledge of ERP Systems related to HR operations would be an advantage.
§ Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
§ Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
§ Flexibility and ability to function effectively as part of a team.
§ High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
§ Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a relevant discipline.
§ 8-10 years of UAE experience in similar role preferably in higher education institutions.
§ A professional Human Resources certification (such as CIPD, SHRM, etc.).
§ Priority is to UAE Nationals.
30 Nov. 2021
Company: University of Sharjah
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.