Are you looking for a Job at UNDP in Islamabad, Islāmābād, Pakistan
About the job
The UNODC Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its Country Programme with a focus on needs related to Illicit Trafficking and Border Management, Criminal Justice and Drug Demand Reduction and Counter Terrorism. In order to execute procurements, and administrative and logistical needs efficiently, UNODC Pakistan requires the services of a Procurement and Administrative Assistant with experience in Procurement, repair & maintenance, and office supply management.
The position will manage the Procurement of goods and services under US$ 10k, follow up of procurement activities, repair and maintenance activities in office, initiate payments and arrange for logistical services. Procurement and Administrative Assistant will support the Procurement section under supervision of Procurement Officer, he/she will report to the Procurement Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement and Administrative Assistant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure, conduct, and deliver Low Value Acquisitions responsibly in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Provide assistance and support to the Country Office by conducting LVA procurements in a timely manner, following all rules and procedures.
- Maintain a tracking list of all LVA procurement activities carried out throughout the year along with the corresponding payment records, and share with Requisitioners periodically
- Maintain a proper and well-organized record of LVA procurements electronically.
- Improve office-wide procedures (including workflows) for efficient procurement of goods and services. Analyze and manage the current network of local logistics service providers for vehicles.
- Look for better and faster methods to source frequently procured goods and services
- Ensures upkeep of office premises, property/equipment and supplies.
- Ensure maintenance and repair of office equipment and facilities when needed.
- Maintain stocks of office supplies, stationery, fuel and other building maintenance related items,
- Ensures provision of proper administrative arrangements for meetings in the office
- Ensures Admin related contracts for provision of services (cleaning/handyman, air-conditioning, maintenance of equipment, provision of drinking water, fuel, transport maintenance and repair etc) are in place
- Organize office storage space, allocation of space to various sub-programmes and its proper usage in the main building.
- Supervise Support staff, manage their work plans, prepare overtime sheets.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Review and scrutinize all incoming invoices
- Forward to concerned Sub Program for verification and processing, and to Finance for payment
- Keep track of the entire workflow to ensure payments are processed timely
Required Skills And Experience
- A high school/bachelor’s degree in social/Political Sciences, Finance or Business Administration is required
- High school with 5 years of experience or bachelors with 2 years of professional experience in procurement, administration and supply management is required. Experience working with an international organization is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, with good analytical and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of information technology (SAP, word processing, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and data management)
- Familiarity with UN Secretariat processes and documentation would be an advantage.
The Procurement and Administrative Assistant will be based at COPAK in Islamabad and will work closely under the direct supervision of Procurement Officer, and overall supervision of Country Representative, UNODC, Country Office Pakistan. The incumbent will be issued an SC contract in accordance with United Nations rules and procedures.
UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Need More Jobs Options? Check Job in Expert Hub Robotics
UN does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference and background checks.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Islamabad, Islāmābād, Pakistan
Application Deadline: N/A
This Job Listing is last modified on 04/19/2022 02:26:44
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org