Trowers & Hamlins Positions in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman – Solicitor/Associate – Banking & Finance
Website Trowers & Hamlins
Are you looking for a Job at Trowers Hamlins in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 160 partners and 950 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Asia, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don’t prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It’s what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Who we are:
We have an exciting opportunity to join Trowers & Hamlins’ growing banking and finance practice in Muscat, Oman.
We are market leaders in Islamic finance and the firm has been ranked in the top tier by numerous legal directories for almost a decade in the Middle East. The firm has also acted on numerous domestic and international (Reg S) bond and Sukuk issuances including several debut issues in the Middle East.
We are looking for an experienced solicitor or associate, with two to four years’ experience of banking, general corporate and capital markets, to work on a variety of matters with a primary focus on transactional banking, Islamic finance, corporate reorganisations, restructurings, regulatory advice and capital markets transactions representing banks, financial institutions, alternative lenders, issuers and corporates.
Experience of Oman banking, general corporate and commercial advisory and capital markets work is a significant advantage.
What you’ll be doing:
The role will cover a broad range of tasks and will involve working closely with four partners. In particular it will include:
- Dealing with a range of banking and finance and capital markets matters of varying sizes and complexity
- Managing due diligence processes and coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Reviewing corporate documents and commercial contracts and working closely with the corporate team to provide general corporate and companies law advice related to banking and capital markets matters
- Initiating, building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Pro-active involvement in marketing initiatives
- Willingness to work across a variety of banking and capital markets specialisms
What you’ll need:
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at this grade. In particular for this role we require:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files
- Flexibility, positivity and an ability to work effectively in a close-knit office
- Have an interest in, and an aptitude for, developing the firm’s business and a willingness to assist in the development of client relationships, through meetings, presentations, producing know-how and other business development initiatives.
- A strong transactional track record. Ideally, you will have experience of leading on transactions independently and the capacity to work with autonomy as well as part of a team.
- Experience in LMA based syndicated and bilateral lending transactions, secured and unsecured facilities and familiarity with priorities and intercreditor arrangements;
- Experience in providing legal and regulatory advice particularly to financial institutions; and
- Demonstrable interest in Islamic finance and the sectors in which we operate in the Middle East.
Experience and qualifications:
- Two to four years’ post qualification experience gained at a reputable firm, preferably in common law jurisdictions
- Fluent in English (additional languages a plus)
- Excellent academic record
- Understanding of corporate and commercial issues such as shareholder agreements, disposals and acquisitions of companies and businesses, due diligence on companies, board and shareholders matters and EGMs etc.
- Prior experience of the Omani banking and finance market advantageous
- Prior finance experience (knowledge of ICMA, bonds and Sukuk would be a significant plus point)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion
Company: Trowers & Hamlins
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.