Website The Trevor Project
Are you looking for a Job at The Trevor Project in United States
About the job
Role: Research Associate, International
Reports to: International Research Manager
Hours: Full time
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Research Associate, International will provide support for our Research team’s new International Survey on LGBTQ Mental Health. They will assist in coordinating key activities to help The Trevor Project successfully launch the survey internationally. This includes conducting background research on each country under consideration, reaching out to researchers and organizations that have experience working with LGBTQ youth in each country, and preparing materials needed for survey completion. The Research Associate, International will also work closely with the International Research Manager and outside experts to ensure that the first International Survey on LGBTQ Mental Health is culturally and linguistically competent. After the survey is launched, the Research Associate, International will regularly monitor recruitment targets and help prepare public-facing reports.
Who you are
- Experienced. You have worked in research labs before and understand what is required to conduct high-quality human subjects research. You can interpret data analysis results and are able to use data output from statistical software, such as SPSS, to create reports.
- Spreadsheet savvy. You have expertise using spreadsheet programs such as Excel or Google Sheets to enter, track, and manipulate quantitative data.
- Team player. You love collaborating and sharing ideas. You are enthusiastic about learning from your peers and supervisors. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and support as needed.
- Detail-oriented. You sweat the small stuff. You have an eye for detail and make sure that T’s are always crossed and I’s are always dotted.
- Survey savvy. You have experience working on survey research and have used online software applications, such as Qualtrics, to conduct survey research.
- Highly organized. You know how to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately to produce high-quality results quickly and on time. You create clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of your team.
- Effective Communicator. You communicate clearly and concisely and are comfortable reaching out to research partners around the world via video chat, phone, or email.
- Big picture thinker. You’re someone who thinks strategically. You love to brainstorm and come up with creative ideas. You look at the way things are and then imagine ways they can be improved.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Provide background research on countries under consideration for survey participation
- Assist with the drafting and editing of ethics applications in the US and all countries involved in the survey, where applicable
- Reach out to potential partners and organizations in target countries
- Manage relationships with translators and other vendors that help us create an impactful and relevant survey
- Organize, manage, and track external partner involvement
- Assist with survey programming and coding in Qualtrics
- Create documentation and templates for key stages of survey development including survey programming checking and translation accuracy
- Track youth recruitment in each country based on predefined target demographics
- Assist with ensuring the international survey is culturally and linguistically competent
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend and reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please share a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered – use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Research Associate, International at The Trevor Project!
The Trevor Project has retained the services of ThinkingAhead Executive Search. Interested applicants should send a resume and statement of interest to Heather Campbell, Recruiter: [email protected].
Heather Campbell, Recruiter
ThinkingAhead Executive Search
Company: The Trevor Project
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.