Website The Frances Xavier Warde School
Are you looking for a Job at The Frances Xavier Warde School in Chicago, IL
Frances Xavier Warde School is a Catholic elementary school in downtown Chicago that provides academically excellent, value-oriented education to students of all ethnic, religious, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds in a child-centered urban environment . As a cornerstone of its diverse community, Frances Xavier Warde School offers need-based scholarships to 30 percent of its students. Frances Xavier Warde School collaborates with her families, nurtures faith development for its Catholic students, and commits all of its students to know and respect other faith traditions. Frances Xavier Warde School uses a rigorous curriculum that allows students to grow, clarify their values, and develop decision-making skills and a sense of responsibility for themselves and the world they will inherit.
Primary professional function
The Alternate Teacher is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans and procedures in the classroom, as determined by the Teacher, in an engaging and meaningful way. The substitute teacher will ensure a quality learning experience for all children entrusted to him. The Substitute Teacher must possess the knowledge and theoretical foundations necessary to instruct the student of the Elementary or Middle Schools, using age-appropriate methods, strategies and procedures.
What Makes a Competent and Effective FXW Alternate Teacher
Substitutes are provided teaching opportunities with the expectation that they possess the knowledge, teaching skills, character and commitmentnecessary to be productive members of the FXW community. Below is a list of descriptors:
- Adhere to the unique Catholic mission and interreligious values of the FXW school
- Use effective educational strategies with students
- Create and manage the classroom in a positive way, respecting dignity of all
- Maintains a positive relationship with all members of the FXW community
- Fulfills routine duties and expectations reliably
- Willingness to perform extra tasks such as lunch, pavement, and other teacher supervision tasks Consistently show punctuality, reliability and flexibility in all aspects of the alternate teaching role
Replacement teaching opportunities
Alternate teachers are needed at various times and with various skills throughout the year. Alternate teachers are required for 4th to 8th grade classes in self-contained and content area classrooms in all subject areas, including physical education, foreign language and arts). Teaching opportunities can be one-day, part-day or half-day jobs.
- Short notice: The assistant principal will contact the replacement on the morning of a replacement opportunity between 5:30 and 7:30 am. Alternates are contacted in order of \”best suitability\” by location, overall and previous availability, and proximity to the school (depending on time limits).
- Advance Notice: The Assistant Principal will contact the replacement with dates futures and times of a substitute opportunity.
Physical demands and the environment
While performing this work, the employee will berequired to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time. Use of technical equipment such as laptops, overhead projectors, whiteboards. They are also required to go up and down stairs. Some heavy work may be required up to 30lbs.
The characteristics of the work environment described by you are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable arrangements may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in Pedagogy or a specific academic discipline
- Preferred specialist degree in Didactics or Curriculum
- Current status required Certificate of Illinois Type 03/Type 09 teaching
- Meets Chicago Archiodese requirements for the protection of children of God (background screening, fingerprinting, VIRTUS training, CANT, code of conduct)
- Middle school alternates must have the ability to teach effectively within the Block Scheduling model (90-minute classes)
- Ability to teach courses within a religion curriculum – Catholic or interreligious on the subject
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft suite
- TB Test
Employment type: Full Time
Years of experience: 1 – 3 years
Company: The Frances Xavier Warde School
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com