Website TGen - an Affiliate of City of Hope
Are you looking for a Job at TGen an Affiliate of City of Hope in Phoenix, AZ
We are looking for a practical, highly motivated and talented researcher to join our research and development team. This individual will focus on cells ex vivo or in vitro development and optimization of candidate drug-based tests and screening in support of several ACRDD projects.
The candidate will work as an integral member of a team of chemists, biologists and proteomics scientists and will formulate chemical biology strategies to be integrated into our discovery programs in order to achieve successful lead and objectives of lead optimization.
The candidate should have a proven track record in applying solid scientific judgment to answer critical questions, as well as a proven ability to design and implement appropriate experiments. Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking skills are required. The right candidate should also be very comfortable working with different types of high-throughput automated equipment and imaging equipment. The ability to work independently at a high pace in a multidisciplinary environment is essential. Direct experience in hematology-oncology, molecular biology, undifferentiated iPSC culture and in vitro differentiation to neural or other cell types, drug discovery research and/or high throughput screening, intracellular tracking of peptide drugs, toxicological profile and elucidation of the mechanism of action, targeted protein degradation is strongly preferred.
TheThe new role of recruitment would also be to assist with different aspects of the interpretation of the NGS analysis to identify drug targets, resistance mechanisms, and potential synthesis mechanisms.
Obligations and responsibilities:
- Experience in iPSC differentiation in vitro
- Tissue culture of mammalian cell lines
- Development and execution of assays to ascertain involvement of the target and to validate biological activity in vitro (e.g. Octet, alfascreen, TR-FRET, fluorescence polarization, cell-based functional test)
- Design and conduct proof of concept pharmacological studies to investigate and validate target biology
- Collaborate with the team to implement multiplex screening platforms to rapidly evaluate peptide libraries for affinity maturation and other peptide properties such as permeability and metabolic stability.
- To develop a molecular toolbox of chemical biology approaches for drugs discovered with chemical probes, photoaffinity reagents, fluorescent dye labeling, targeted protein degradation
- Molecular biology skills lary including mammalian cell DNA/RNA extraction, PCR/RT-PCR/qPCR
- Familiarity with biology techniques include in situ hybridization, immunostaining, high content imaging, image analysis , western blot
- Experience with literature search and generation of an information knowledge base. Experience in the analysis of the intellectual path
Experience in molecular biology and/or chemical chemistry preferred
Previous experience with chromatography and mass spectrometry data analysis, method development, LC and MS instrumentation, and MS software is an advantage. Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver results on schedule in a fast-paced business environment. Ability to perform tasks independently to achieve goals in a set timeline
Excellent written and oral communication skills and a personality oriented to risk, positivity, leadership, adaptability, adventure and enthusiasm to work in a dynamic, goal-oriented team environment and performance. Involved in the planning, execution and interpretation of experiments (daily)
Experimentally support colleagues. Assist in the assembly/writing of manuscripts (scientific articles) and grants (daily)
Stay up to date on current literature
Conducting scientific presentations at national and international conferences (two to three times a year). Presenting scientific results at departmental (monthly) meetings
Perform various administrative tasks (for example, ordering supplies, paperwork, etc.)
Master’s or BS in a relevant scientific field and at least 2 years of laboratory experience
Microsoft Office Suite, Genespring (data analysis), Statistical software (SPSS, R). Experience in analyzing the path of ingenuity.Cancer/Biology Related Field of Study
Company: TGen – an Affiliate of City of Hope
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.