Website Avantus Federal
This Job Listing is about Avantus Federal in Luanda, Luanda, Angola 2022
Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused data, cyber and space services and solutions company. As a mid-market powerhouse with an intentional blend of elite talent, infrastructure and speed to impact, Avantus leads with technical and domain expertise for its Defense, Intelligence, Homeland Security and Federal Civilian customers.
Helping to solve some of the toughest national security problems and government missions, Avantus’ offerings enable services at scale, including: cyber technologies and operations, data and software solutions, digital engineering and integration, intelligence analysis and operations, transformation and advisory services and more.
Avantus Federal is seeking a Technical Writer and Editor to support a Law Enforcement Customer in Crystal City, Virginia. We are seeking a Technical Writer and Editor to support this critical customer mission.
- Developing and reviewing technical communications deliverables including engineering documentation, operational procedures, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Preparing, reviewing, editing and maintaining program technical documents including software and system engineering documents, CONOPS, test reports, user documentation, implementation documentation, etc.
- Creating, reviewing, editing and maintaining technical drawings.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and may hold up to a Top Secret clearance.#AvantusClearedJob
- 5+ years of technical writing experience including developing communications deliverables such as engineering documentation, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external audiences.
- Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs.
- Excellent hands-on experience with Microsoft Office including MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader.
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, program managers and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media.
The status of applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements under Executive Order 14042 are subject to change depending on applicable court orders and the course of ongoing litigation. Candidates may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption.
- Ability to capture meeting discussions at a rapid pace using either shorthand and/or typing fast.
- Experience with creating technical briefings including executive leadership briefings.
- Experience developing news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, advanced PowerPoint presentations and infographics. – Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
Required Education (including Major)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in English, Business or related, or 7+ years technical writing and editing experience with a High school diploma
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity workplace and a Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or veteran status, as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by requesting an accommodations application. Avantus encourages members of historically underrepresented communities to apply and hires individuals solely based on their qualifications for the role. We strongly commit to embracing diversity and ensuring equal employment opportunities for all.
Company: Avantus Federal
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Luanda, Luanda, Angola
Application Deadline: N/A