Website ACC New Zealand
This Job Listing is about ACC New Zealand in Wellington, Wellington Region, New Zealand 2022
- Fixed term role in our People & Culture group, make valuable connections
- Join our hardworking & friendly Advisory team, we’ll support you in your role
- Build on your existing HR knowledge in a complex & interesting organisation
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. We put our customers first, showing manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It’s to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we’ll be there.
We have a great opportunity for someone to take on a six-month fixed term contract or inter-agency secondment in our Talent Advisory team.
Talent Advisory is the first point of contact for a diverse range of internal customers, providing advice on a range of subjects. Our job is to ensure our customers have the right tools and advice, at the right time so they can do things in the right way for our people and the business. There’s a great mix of face to face, telephone, and email interaction with our customers so you’ll be able to show your flair for customer service across all channels.
Situated in our People and Culture group, which provides the full breadth of human resources advice, services, and support, being part of Talent Advisory means you’ll not only be gaining more great experience, but you’ll also gain exposure to the workings of a high performing People and Culture function in a large and complex organisation.
About the role:
You’ll be providing advice on a range of subjects from performance management to employment terms, to organisational change, to onboarding new employees – the role is varied and so are our customer’s needs. Some of the day to tasks you’ll be working on include:
- Providing HR advice in response to customer queries and escalating complex issues as appropriate to the relevant team
- Reviewing and quality approving documentation such as employment contracts
- Identifying trends and working to develop service solutions to proactively manage the number of calls and/or queries.
We’re ideally looking for someone who has been in a similar Advisor level position before however if you are a Coordinator looking to step up and have a good foundation of HR knowledge and the ability to synthesise and confidently communicate information advice to internal customers, we can support this.
What you need to be successful:
- A background in a general HR support role and a desire to build on your existing HR and ER knowledge
- An understanding of the importance of getting things right the first time, leveraging relationships to find solutions and an ability to work professionally and conscientiously under pressure
- An ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Sound decision making and judgement
- Ability to anticipate potential problems/issues and proactively develop solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, along with an ability to quickly learn new systems.
We are a fun and friendly group that work hard and celebrate together. If you’re looking for an opportunity to extend your base knowledge of HR look no further. You’ll be supported as your knowledge grows and you will be guided while you find your feet and get up to speed.
For a detailed position description, please click here.
Applications close Thursday, 27 October and can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Careers Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you would like further information, please contact [email protected]
Company: ACC New Zealand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wellington, Wellington Region, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A