Are you looking for a Job at Sysco in Arlington Heights, IL
About the job
US1319 European Imports, Inc.
Minimum Level Of Education
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years Of Experience
$20.50/hr plus $1night shift differential-Total pay of $21.50 per hour
$1,000 Sign On Bonus
Under general supervision, the associate will accurately and efficiently select products in the warehouse. Prepare products for shipping by stacking in an orderly and stable configuration, while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Read customer order from label screen and select product by slot and description.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets in the proper sequence.
- Attach labels on product.
- Properly operate an electric pallet jack (2-pallet length) to proceed to correct slot location, and transport product to dock area for staging.
- Handle products with the necessary care.
- Report any damage of merchandise, equipment or facility to a supervisor.
- Perform daily equipment checks.
- Assist in the clean-up of the facility and sign off on the daily cleaning area that the supervisor may assign.
- Sign in and out for all equipment when used.
- Use basic communication skills to understand work systems, instructions, etc.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
Six months of prior warehouse experience is preferred.
Ability to handle up to 80 lbs.; 20 lbs. regularly is required.
General working conditions – an environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from the day or night Assistant Warehouse Manager.
In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Affirmative Action Statement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com