Website Syracuse University
Are you looking for a Job at Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY
About the job
Works collaboratively with the AVP and Chief EEO & Title IX Officer to ensure institutional compliance with state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination (including Title VI, VII, and IX) and equal opportunity. This individual will act as a strategic partner with university leadership and Human Resources to create and implement strategies that foster a culture of respect and inclusion. They will provide advice and conflict resolution services to employees in matters relating to a broad range of employment and employee relations issues; investigate complaints of discrimination and bias; conduct internal audits of the University’s recruitment and other employment practices, and serve as a liaison with compliance agencies. This position also has major responsibility for the development, construction, and implementation of the University’s Affirmative Action Plans and Vets 4212 and other relevant annual reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, management, or related field; JD degree preferred.
- The individual should have extensive knowledge of EEO/AA, harassment, ADA and FMLA laws, and Title IX regulations and policies.
- Five (5) plus years of professional experience with a track record of progressively more management duties in the areas of diversity, equity, affirmative action, compliance, team building, and conflict resolution.
- Experience in the following areas desired.
- Solid experience in creating and supporting inclusive work environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate across levels, to build productive working relationships and to demonstrate effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to develop and conduct training programs.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence all levels within the institution as needed.
- Ability to develop, manage and objectively evaluate projects and progress of those projects.
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data.
- Knowledge of EEO/AA, harassment, ADA and FMLA laws, Title IX regulations and policies;
- Knowledge of management issues and employment law.
- Oversee the informal resolution process for complaints of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
- Provide daily supervision and oversight to the University’s Equal Opportunity and Title IX Investigators and case coordinator pertaining to case management, investigations, and report writing.
- Serve as a University resource and knowledge base for administrators, directors, chairs, supervisors and other staff members to ensure understanding and compliance with EO policies, and federal, state and local regulations: including, providing counsel to search committee chairpersons, department heads, and supervisory staff on the University’s Affirmative Action Programs.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the University’s annual compliance reporting including but not limited to affirmative action plans and Vets 4212.
- This individual will also be responsible for monitoring areas with under-utilization in the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- The will also be tasked with developing strategies to support departments in increasing their utilization and outreach efforts.
- Work with the AVP to review, analyze and conduct internal audits of the University’s processes, procedures and systems related to equal opportunity, investigations and inclusion; recommend process improvements and assist in the implementation of improvements; and advise managers and supervisors regarding the handling of complaints of discrimination or bias.
- Manage the preparation of documentation and responses to complaints of discrimination and harassment filed with external agencies and any subsequent agreements or action steps, in conjunction with the applicable offices, including University Counsel. Coordinate reporting of potential legal liabilities with University Counsel and the Office of Risk Management.
Company: Syracuse University
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Syracuse, NY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org