Website Surgical Care Affiliates
Are you looking for a Job at Surgical Care Affiliates in Anchorage, AK
About the job
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 11808
Group Name: TGS
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for Surgical Technicians at our facility. Our ideal candidate will be multitalented in all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities. The Surgical Technologist (ST) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The ST performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s care under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, Teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Clinical Quality:
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse and according to facility policy and procedure.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all emergency situations.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care needs in an emergency situation and under direction of Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Initiates and implements basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BCLS) under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to meet patient’s learning needs as identified in the plan of care under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Orients the patient to the patient care environment and facility routines as directed by Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to implement the teaching plan for the patient as directed.
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to provide appropriate interventions related to patient and environmental safety issues.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for education and training specific to job position, duties, role and responsibilities and according to facility policy and schedule.
- Functions as a Surgical Technologist in the operating room/ procedure room under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical procedures.
- Assists with draping of patients.
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the circulating nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers, high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated processors.
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function, interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and biological indicators related to instrument and equipment high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room technical equipment according to manufacturer’s guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of supplies.
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing care.
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with regard to attendance.
- Maintains attendance according to guidelines and policy established by facility.
- Adheres to tardiness policy.
- Provides notification for unscheduled absences or tardiness in accordance with established departmental procedures as noted by supervisor.
- Requests scheduled time off according to procedure as noted by supervisor.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates competent usage of proper body mechanics in all activities.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency procedures for department and surgery center.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as instructed or trained.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe environment for patients, teammates, physicians, guests.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by manager.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical practice.
- Attends 75% of unit based staff meetings and demonstrates review of minutes for any meetings missed.
- Provides in-services as requested by management
- Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement.
- Responsibly demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Maintains and displays appropriate knowledge of professional developments through printed material or other sources.
- Attends professional training seminars when appropriate for job development and shares information with other Teammates.
- Attends and participates in all applicable facility training and development workshops scheduled by the facility
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean manner
- Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as observed by management
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of job description, role, and responsibilities through continuing education activities
- Maintains certification requirements and submits required evidence of certification to facility management for teammate file
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA Compliance program.
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task, role and responsibilities at least on an annual basis.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Service Excellence:
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care. Protects all patient information according to established standards of care, policies and procedures
- Discusses patient information with other health team members in an appropriate environment
- Interacts with all patients, visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional environment
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and expectations
- Maintains confidentiality of all facility and patient information as required by facility policy
- Fosters a positive and professional surgery center environment by interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner and by participating as a team member
- Diffusesesolves conflict by appropriately communicating with those involved
- Accepts developmental and motivational feedback and gives suggestions in a professional manner
- Considers age specific needs in caring for and communicating with patients
- Financial Skill:
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities.
- Provides input re: equipment needs/supply needs.
- Completes patient charges in accordance with facility procedure.
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
- Participates in periodic inventory count as assigned by management.
- Proficiency or Productivity Standards
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Indoors in climate controlled environment. Patient care environment with potential exposure to unpleasant odors, to blood and body fluids which may carry infection, to infectious disease, and to chemical and electrical hazards. Occasional exposure to outdoor climate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Good visual acuity, accurate color vision. Ability to lift/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape. Ability to speak and hear.
The ideal candidate must possess a cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. And make decisions and solve problems independently as well as with their team.
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Completion of surgical scrub technician course
- Operating room experience
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Two years previous operating room experience
- ASC experience
- ORT certification
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Anchorage, AK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.