Website Barrick Gold Corporation
This Job Listing is about Barrick Gold Corporation in Porgera, Papua New Guinea 2022
Papua New Guinea
Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
BNL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but can be very rewarding.
The Underground Electrical Superintendent is responsible for the maintenance of electrical equipment and infrastructure associated with the underground mine, by the application and monitoring of maintenance systems. This position works closely with the underground mine production department.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Implement and support site-wide and corporate systems to meet agreed service delivery levels of electrical installation, commissioning and maintenance in the following areas:
- Underground Services
- Monitor maintenance systems and performance measures and formulate alternatives and improvements to systems and methods.
- Establish controls to ensure all equipment history logs are maintained and assist in prioritising for work scheduling.
- Establish controls to ensure necessary data is gathered in relation to equipment usage and components to enable reliability analysis.
- Assist with complex fault-finding and diagnosis.
- Manage Contractors in the performance of agreed works and ensure Contractor meets all contractual terms including safety, health and environment responsibilities relating to their employees.
- Ensure parts, consumables and expertise available as scheduled to enable team leaders to allocate and supervise work flow.
To be suitable for this role, you will possess the following:
- Trade qualifications in Electrical Fitting or Electrical Mechanic; and
- Post-trade qualifications such as maintenance planning or reliability engineering;
- PNG Mine Electrician ticket or the ability to acquire.
- Significant experience in leading a team in providing electrical maintenance services, in minerals processing, refining or heavy industry.
- Knowledge and experience working with High Voltage systems.
- Knowledge of PLC systems.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated success at improving equipment availability and reliability through the use of maintenance management systems.
- Maintenance planning and service-delivery monitoring and reporting.
- Contractor management experience.
- Proven experience in training and developing a national workforce
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (preferable).
- Current Drivers Licence.
This position is open to Papua New Guinea Nationals and Expatriates.
Your primary location will be the Porgera Mine Site. For PNG Nationals the roster is a fly in, fly out rotation on 21 days on, 14 days off. For anyone who resides outside of Papua New Guinea the roster is a fly in, fly out rotation on 28 days on, 14 days off.
How To Apply
All submissions must be via the Barrick website www.barrick.com/Careers reference number: 221904. Applications close on Friday, 11 November 2022. If you have any further questions, please contact the Cairns HR department on (07) 4050 5100.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea (for non-Citizens). The PNG Government has made it mandatory for any international travelers entering PNG to be fully vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccination. All applicants must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
BNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. Applicants who have not been responded to within thirty (30) days from the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Porgera, Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A