Website Sun Orchard
Are you looking for a Job at Sun Orchard in Tempe, AZ
for ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: In 1984, Sun Orchard had the idea that great tasting, fresh, genuine citrus juice could be extracted directly from fruit that was deemed unsuitable for sale in the supermarket, but it was certainly of the highest quality. As a result, through a commitment to quality, customers and employees for nearly 40 years, Sun Orchard is North America’s leading full-service provider of all-natural NFC citrus ingredients and soft drinks. The business started in foodservice by building superior custom solutions for the best foodservice operators and distributors in North America. As the business grew, so did our assets to include multiple strategically located manufacturing plants in the United States. Not only did we offer various fill sizes for foodservice, we began selling drums to specialty industrial customers and developing premium private label ready-to-drink shakes for the nation’s largest grocery stores and clubs. for for Sun Orchard’s vision is to inspire a world that believes in genuine ingredients and soft drinks. Our products are made from the freshest citrus fruits, carefully crafted and gently pasteurized to ensure freshness and safety. This is done by an attentive, experienced and highly trained team. At Sun Orchard, we trust that our people are our greatest asset. We create lasting partnerships and continually invest in our supply chain, people, customers andsuppliers. Let us show you what we do, how we do it, and what we believe in. Sun Orchard is the undisputed market leader in non-concentrated citrus soft drinks and ingredients. This always starts with the freshest citrus varieties from the best growing regions. The world is our pantry and we have built an all-natural supply chain that provides a superior advantage. We have more than 100,000 square feet of manufacturing space in the US Our manufacturing plants are located in two coastal areas, generating distribution benefits related to lifespan, transit time, and freight costs. forfor DESCRIPTION: The R&D Technician function will help in the administration and development of juice-based products. The position will provide R&D support for internal innovation and customer support. The position will involve working in a laboratory, test kitchen, and pilot plant environment. for forEssential duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare samples under the direction of a senior associate for the client, including packaging, wrapping and labeling, and keep records of all samples shipped.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all analytical equipment, including daily calibration and data collection.
- Perform analytical measurements for raw materials, shelf life, and innovation projects.
- Maintain finished product specifications, including annual review and implementation of any changes.
- Produce samples of new and existing products under the direction of senior associates according to deadlinesagreed
- Create production procedures for new products, including creation of production formulations and process guidelines under the direction of a senior associate
- Perform comparison tests for marketing analysis competitive.
- Collaborate frequently with a cross-functional team, including but not limited to project managers, product developers, sales and marketing, and manufacturing. train staff from concept to product marketing, ensuring excellent communication.
- Manage the distribution of new and revised finished product specifications for Quality Assurance.
- Receive all incoming samples, check the corresponding paperwork, and assign items to specific project tasks before storing them in the correct storage conditions.
- Create and maintain a nutrition database for current products.
- Maintain an inventory of kitchen laboratory and test ingredients and consumables.
- Assist in the preparation of food or samples for customer visits.
- Assist and participate in internal sensory testing and support external hedonic testing.
- Maintain the laboratory and test the kitchen area and ensure that the space is clean and organized.
- Research trends that include ingredients, products, and processes. technologies.
- Other assigned tasks
for SHIFT: Days
for POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications include:
- Compulsory 4 years B.S. Bachelor’s degreein Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or a related or equivalent laboratory discipline.
- 0-3 years of experience in a food manufacturing role, in beverages preferred.
- 0-3 One year of experience in a laboratory setting in quality or research and development is preferred.
- Experience with microbial testing is preferred
- Ability to use creative and scientific skills to solve product development challenges
- Proficiency with beverage laboratory tools, including Genesis Nutrition software, Hunter colorimeter and refractometers or the like
- Experience with product testing methods; this includes titratable acidity, pH, Brix and microbiological tests
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Initiator with strong problem solving and project management skills
WHY WORK FOR US?: We are a dynamic environment, with advancement opportunities and we offer superior benefits including: additional medical, dental, vision and life benefits, paid living by the company, optional flexible spending account, 401K program, paid sick and vacation time. forfor EOE STATEMENT: Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Sun Orchard, where employment is based on personal skills and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race , color, creed, religion, etc. sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic background, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry,pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. law. forfor EXEMPT/NOT EXEMPT: Not exempt
for MUST PASS THE BACKGROUND CHECK: Yes
for YOU MUST PASS THE MEDICATION TEST BEFORE EMPLOYMENT: Yes
for WORK LOCATION: AZ, Tempe
for WORK REMOTELY: No
for TERMS OF BENEFITS: a waiting period may apply. forfor COVID-19 CAUTION (S): Personal protective equipment provided or required. Temperature controls and social distancing guidelines have been implemented, as well as hygiene, disinfection and cleaning procedures. forfor PAYMENT: 20
Company: Sun Orchard
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.