Website S&P Global Market Intelligence
Are you looking for a Job at SP Global Market Intelligence in Islamabad, Islāmābād, Pakistan
About the job
The Role: Application Associate, Financial Modelling
Grade: (relevant for internal applicants only) 07
The Location: Islamabad, PK
The Financial Modeling & Client Operations teams are primary touchpoints for our clients and are the “face” of the company. Going above and beyond in our service offering is where these teams add value. The Financial Modeling team is a powerful synergy of diverse skills, talents and cultures spread across multiple locations. We are customer-focused and results-oriented providing exposure to a wide array of products, platforms and processes globally. We nurture open and transparent communication, and a great work-life balance, with a positive work culture where team members are recognized for their work. We meet challenges head-on and work for solutions as one team. We work hard and play harder – we participate in cultural and sports events within as well as outside of the company, and also contribute back to the society through the company’s corporate social responsibility efforts.
What’s in it for you?
As an Application Associate in Financial Modeling, you will learn, explore, educate and support usage of excel-based products and financial information via customers of capital and commodity markets, where you will hold investigative conversations with clients to drive product usage, retention and revenue. You will leverage your financial market knowledge, your strong customer service skills and exceptional troubleshooting abilities to help the clients with their requests, while showcasing your vast knowledge of our tools, our data and the industries we cover. Many of the Fortune 500 companies in the world will be asking for your help to find solutions to their challenges. You will also be the Client’s advocate and work with different teams inside the organization across many functional areas (Sales, Technology, Content, Industry Research etc.)
You will also play a major role in executing and improving BAU proactive processes to prevent issues and improve delivery quality to our clients. In the process you will suggest improvements to the product as well as perform Agile-based User-Acceptance-Testing to curb issues even before they hit our clients.
- Develop financial models in MS Office products for internal/external clients to help them in their routine workflow/analysis.
- Consistently make proactive suggestions in regards to product usability, presentation, and data quality.
- Be the primary point of contact for providing critical research and value-adding knowledge to our diverse client base at various financial institutions, corporations, government organizations and universities.
- Support the client base in their research by responding to their requests which come in via calls, e-mails and other forms of communication. Conduct direct interactions with clients through phone, email and video conferences, as they relate to industry, platform and data questions.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics. Candidates pursuing the CFA charter is a plus.
- Good knowledge and understanding of capital and commodity markets
- Good understanding of accounting standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency and eloquence in English is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; knowledge of MS Office products and understanding of databases is a plus.
- VBA Knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM applications is a plus.
- Willingness to work in rotational shifts.
About Company Statement
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON203 – Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 267958
Posted On: 2021-11-17
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Company: S&P Global Market Intelligence
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Islamabad, Islāmābād, Pakistan
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org