Website S&P Global Market Intelligence
Are you looking for a Job at SP Global Market Intelligence in Islamabad, Islāmābād, Pakistan
About the job
The Role: As a Software Developer with the Content Systems Development team, you will be responsible for developing & providing backend support across a variety of products within the Market Intelligence platform. Together, you will build scalable and robust solutions using AGILE development methodologies with a focus on high availability to end users.
The Grade (for internal candidates only): 9 & 10
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: Do you love to collaborate & provide solutions? This team comes together across eight different locations every single day to craft enterprise grade applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage. You will use a wide range of technologies and cultivate a collaborative environment with other internal teams.
The Impact: We focus primarily developing, enhancing and delivering required pieces of information & functionality to internal & external clients in all client-facing applications. You will have a highly visible role where even small changes have very wide impact.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities for innovation and learning new state of the art technologies
- To work in pure agile & scrum methodology
- Deliver solutions within a multi-functional Agile team
- Develop expertise in our proprietary enterprise software products
- Set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to develop, support, and iteratively deploy real enterprise level software
- Achieve an understanding of customer environments and their use of the products
- Build solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer’s enterprise/global requirements
- Apply software engineering practices and implement automation across all elements of solution delivery
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of desktop application development experience with deep understanding of Design Patterns & Object oriented programming.
- Hands on development experience using C#, .Net 4.0/4.5, WPF, Asp.net, SQL server. Strong OOP and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) knowledge.
- Strong understanding of cloud applications (Containers, Dockers etc.) and exposure to data ETL will be a plus.
- Ability to resolve serious performance related issues through various techniques, including testing, debugging and profiling.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Possess a true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a client-focused self-starter.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
About S&P Global MI
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 261078
Posted On: 2021-09-02
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Company: S&P Global Market Intelligence
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Islamabad, Islāmābād, Pakistan
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com