Are you looking for a Job at Sourcegraph in United States
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make sure that everyone can code, not just about 0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code to create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to program, we believe we will create economic opportunities around the world and drive progress that benefits all.
It is an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly – we have seen 4X revenue growth annually and our $ 125 million D Series from Andreessen Horowitz and the $ 50 million C Series from Sequoia gave us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that creates software) and huge opportunities (most developers haven’t heard of code research yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t do without it, just like web search. by Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the largest technology companies in the world.
To achieve our mission, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative to help grow our team remotely, driven by values. By reporting to the Sales Development Manager, you will be a key member of our fast growing, high performing sales team and will be our initial solution for building personal relationships and making our prospects successful. Specifically, you will leverage your past experienceof cold calling and/or lead generation to communicate with potential customers via phone, email and Linkedin to develop an interest in Sourcegraph.
Sounds like a match? We want to hear from you!
Why this job is exciting
As a DSP, you will have more responsibility, upside and growth potential than any other comparable place. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you will have a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within a month, you…
- Start 1: 1 with your manager, understand your 30-6-90 plan, meet and follow current Sourcegraph team members and delve into your territory
- Set your own OKR (Goals and Key Outcomes) with your manager and develop an action plan to reach them
- Start building prospects within your target accounts and understand how to use your knowledge to overcome objections
Within three months, you…
- Have a deep understanding of Sourcegraph and feel comfortable proposing our software to potential customers from self-produced initiatives
- Meet regularly with Account Executives, Managers and assigned colleagues to become a product expert, talk track and prospecting
- Continue your training on Sourcegraph’s competitive advantage and continue to strengthen your business acumen
- Consistently achieve your business goals
- Become an expert in internal tools and processes
Within six months, you…
- Consistently meet or exceed yoursshare
- Complete training courses to ensure you are updated on new releases and more
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
- Help develop best practices for lead generation
Within a year, you…
- Be regarded as a trusted business consultant and Sourcegraph expert, which has a significant impact on the Lead Generation team
- Be regarded as the best performing SDR professional on the team by consistently exceeding your goals
- Work with sales and marketing to help create new campaigns to drive the pipeline
- Lead by example for new SDRs and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new ones team members
Our DSPs are hardworking, results-oriented and passionate sales professionals! We are looking for machines – passionate about applying our hunter mentality and desire to win. Let’s celebrate victories together and help each other through uncharted territories.
You are an enthusiastic, motivated and results-oriented SDR who shares our values and has a passion for everything related to sales. We are looking for a results-oriented, motivated and strategic \”hunter\” who is focused on building a sales pipeline without our target market. By the day, you will be responsible for cold calling prospects and educating the market on Sourcegraph’s power and generating opportunities with new customers. You will become an expert in using lead generation tools to regularly pull leads and create lists of prospectsaccurate and targeted customers. You will be able to conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips to connect with new prospects.
- 2 years of relevant sales experience is required; internship experience will be considered
- Previous cold calling experience is required
- Collaborative mindset giving priority to \”we\” and not focusing on \”me\”
- Results guide and competitive nature
- Excellent writing, communication and listening skills; you need to understand objections and defeat them by turning skeptics into enthusiastic new customers
- Excellent time management skills
- High level of empathy: It is important that our DSPs are a good person for colleagues and potential clients
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results
- A desire to grow in your career
Interview procedure [~ 5.5 hours in total]
We know the process below sounds like a lot, but we promise we will move quickly! Our goal is to get all candidates through the interview process in 1-2 weeks depending on your schedule.
- [30 minutes] Recruiter Screen: You meet a recruiter on the talent team. Click here to see what to expect during a recruiting screen.
- [30 minutes] Hiring manager screenshot: Meet the sales development manager for 45 minutes. During this first call, he will introduce himself, get to know you and answer any initial questions you havemay have. This phase is meant to be conversational and informative for both us and you. Click here to learn more about the hiring manager interview.
- [1-hour] Assignment Phase: We send you a written assignment to complete in 24 hours. You can read more about the writing assignment here.
- We schedule 3.5 hours of remote interviews on Zoom.
- Part 1: [1 hour] Resume deepening: let’s take a deep dive into your background, from the past to the present. Find out more about the in-depth curriculum here.
- Part 2:
- [30 minutes] Peer interview: Meet two members of the SDR team to learn more about what they look for in a peer and what it’s like to work in Sourcegraph. Learn more about the peer interview here.
- [30 minutes] Team Collaboration Interview: Meet a corporate sales leader. This person manages the Account Executives to whom you will provide lead generation support.
- [30 minutes] Values Interview: Meet two people outside the sales department and discuss our values and how yours opinions and experiences align with them. Find out more about our values interview here.
- [30 minutes] Final Interview: This is a final interview with the Sales Development Manager to debrief the interview process and ask any questions. remaining.
- Part 3: [30 minutes] Head of Department Interview: You will meet with our Head of Sales to learn more about our sales vision and to receive the final questions you answered.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to make sure that Sourcegraphis an environment that fits your style of work and allows you to do your best, so we look forward to answering any questions you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Not sure if that’s you?
We want a diverse and global team with a wide range of experiences and perspectives. If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you only meet 50% of the requirements for the role. We carefully consider each application and move on with you, find another team that may be more suitable, keep in touch for future opportunities or thank you for your time.
Find out more about us
To create a product that meets the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse remote team spread across the globe. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy, so you can do your best.
Find out more about what it’s like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our manual.
We want to make sure Sourcegraph is an environment that fits your work style and allows you to do your best work, so we’re eager to answer any questions you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions. ”
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com