Website GovTech Singapore
This Job Listing is about GovTech Singapore in Singapore, Singapore 2022
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
GovTech’s Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Division (DSAID) uses technology and data to help deliver high-quality digital services to citizens and businesses in Singapore. As a Solution Architect, you will be part of a team, collaborating with the Product Managers, Project Managers, Application Infrastructure Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Operations Managers and Engineers, Digital Business Analysts and government agency users to deliver ICT capabilities to realise Singapore’s vision of a Smart Nation.
You will be responsible for designing the end-to-end architecture for data analytics systems that is aligned with GovTech/agency’s strategic objectives and needs and GovTech’s tech directions. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the detailed design and development remains consistent with the overall architecture.
Success in your role as a solution architect will be demonstrated by your strong technical aptitude and ability to communicate in an effective and efficient manner.
What you will be working on:
- Provide technical leadership and is responsible for establishing the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the data analytics systems.
- Demonstrate leadership in IT management by producing strategic and innovative concept proposals and papers.
- Translate data analytics business requirements, including application resiliency requirements, into application architectural specifications. Propose products and solutions based on GovTech/agency’s Enterprise Architecture and standards.
- Create, evaluate, and implement plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions, involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as long-term effectiveness, practicality, technical limitations and criticality.
- Design the architecture blueprint of GovTech/agency’s business, information and ICT assets, by using multiple architectural models. Use, govern and enhance the architecture blueprint to ensure that the business and ICT are in alignment.
- Manage technical project delivery; perform code reviews and make recommendations of code changes; collaborate with vendor development staff to resolve technical challenges; help to analyse and determine performance tuning and scalability improvements of code and queries.
- Provide architecture and technical support during production incidents.
- Possess broad and deep skills across disciplines, ability and interest in mentoring technical staff and raising collective technical competencies within the team.
What we are looking for:
The Solution Architect needs to have:
- Degree or Diploma in any discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of design/implementation/consulting experience – must have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a technical lead and system architect for a data analytics system (i.e. system design, performance tuning, and system prototyping & maintenance).
- A solid system development background.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, and deploying large, scalable production systems, both on-prem and on cloud such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platform, for cloud native applications.
- Solid understanding of server-side, Service Oriented Architectures, containers, microservices, APIs and web services and public web sites / digital services development.
- Solid technical skills and the ability to leverage them to determine the best solution to a technical problem.
- Ability to analyse and identify comprehensive solutions considering all functional implications while developing a workable solution.
- Working knowledge of DevSecOps software development tools and methodologies.
- Results and customer oriented.
- Team player with strong organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders.
- Preferably possess data modelling and SQL skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a comprehensive and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep developing your skill in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours.
Company: GovTech Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A