Website GovTech Singapore
This Job Listing is about GovTech Singapore in Singapore, Singapore 2022
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
About Us – Engineering Productivity (ENP)
ENP is part of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team which aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scalability. ENP is an agile development and operations house that is bold, agile and collaborative. The team is responsible for designing, prototyping, building and operating different products and services. Today, ENP has 3 flagship products and several upcoming initiatives.
How we work:
Design for citizens — Listening to our users is the best starting point for building great solutions. To understand pain points faced by Singaporeans, we test and iterate relentlessly.
Go far, go together — Building a great product is a good start, but we usually set our sights higher. In order to make a lasting impact on how the government builds products, we partner closely with various agencies to improve capabilities across the government.
Engineer with care — We value products that last, so investing in maintainable systems and clean code is important to us. From inception to delivery, we accelerate the process with open source libraries, modern technologies, CI/CD and DevOps practices.
Inclusive products, inclusive teams — We build for everyone, and prioritise accessibility. Inclusive products start with inclusive teams. As such, we take pride in creating a supportive environment where every individual can flourish.
As a software engineer, you will be part of a team of engineers for STACKOPS which is an initiative to allow government agencies to create high quality and reliable government services for citizens. The initiative will develop the required processes and toolchain to enable government agencies to measure and monitor government services in an agile manner. Learn more here.
What you will be working on:
- Design and deliver software applications for web platforms
- Write high quality and maintainable code on open-source web platforms and frameworks.
- Develop and build highly scalable systems and services with a focus on business value and usability.
- Improve software quality using agile practices and testing frameworks such as code review, unit testing and integration testing
What we are looking for:
- 1-3+ years of experience in building large scalable web applications.
- Hands on Experience developing in NodeJS, ReactJS, Jest and accompanied frameworks.
- Contribute in software quality using agile practices such as code review and writing meaningful tests – unit testing, integration testing, TDD.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, SQL.
- Some Knowledge in AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is desirable.
- Knowledge in Monitoring, Logging technologies (Terraform, Ansible, ELK, Grafana) is desirable but not required.
- Experience in open-source contributions is a bonus.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Working experience in relational and non-relational databases.
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- A solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
- Work as a team with members of different disciplines (designers, programmers, product managers, etc.)
- Passion for automation, standardization and best practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
Company: GovTech Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A