Website GovTech Singapore
This Job Listing is about GovTech Singapore in Singapore, Singapore 2022
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Engineering Productivity (ENP) team of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scalability.
ENP is an agile development and operations house that is bold, agile and collaborative. The team is responsible for designing, prototyping, building and operating different products and services. Today, ENP has 3 flagship products and several upcoming initiatives.
How we work:
Design for citizens — Listening to our users is the best starting point for building great solutions. To understand pain points faced by Singaporeans, we test and iterate relentlessly.
Go far, go together — Building a great product is a good start, but we usually set our sights higher. In order to make a lasting impact on how the government builds products, we partner closely with various agencies to improve capabilities across the government.
Engineer with care — We value products that last, so investing in maintainable systems and clean code is important to us. From inception to delivery, we accelerate the process with open source libraries, modern technologies, CI/CD and DevOps practices.
Inclusive products, inclusive teams — We build for everyone, and prioritise accessibility. Inclusive products start with inclusive teams. As such, we take pride in creating a supportive environment where every individual can flourish.
As a Software Engineer, you will help to augment the team’s competency with your valuable past experiences. Experiences of failure are just as important as those of success. You will drive, implement, deploy, maintain and operate products or key components of your products. You will work closely with different teams to deliver the best possible and impactful solutions for the GovTech and the rest of the Government.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join ENP. Make a difference by taking up the key role and be part of the passionate and inspirational team.
What you will be working on:
- Ownership over feature design and implementation, with a focus on sound technical choices and maintainability. At times, this would be in collaboration with other software engineers.
- Web application development involving frontend, backend and/or cloud infrastructure.
- Autonomy to drive the direction of the product
- Chance to work on creating developer tooling systems from the ground up, from research all the way to implementation.
- Contribute in technical discussions and solutioning sessions.
- Craft and maintain user guides and documentation for users
- Chance to work with different development teams while enabling them to be more productive at the same time
What we are looking for:
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills; communicating technically complex ideas to non-technical people effectively is a plus
- Having a growth mindset and willing to share knowledge to grow together with the team
- Enjoy making data driven decisions while leaving ego aside
- Understand that problems can be solved in different ways, sometimes not with engineering; understand how these solutions can and should be evaluated.
- Experience in frontend technologies (HTML, CSS and JS/TS) as well as any web framework (React, Angular, Vue etc)
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with deployments cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
Company: GovTech Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A