Software Engineer (Data Platform) in Revel Systems 2022 at Vilnius, Vilniaus, Lithuania
Website Revel Systems
This Job Listing is about Revel Systems in Vilnius, Vilniaus, Lithuania 2022
Revel Systems powers the ambitions of restaurants and retailers with a robust cloud based point of sale (POS) and business management system. Improving day-to-day operations and fuelling merchant growth, Revel’s streamlined ecosystem helps customers seize their future by pairing an intuitive POS with powerful management tools on a single platform. Founded in 2010 with major offices in Atlanta, Vilnius, and San Francisco, Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
Join the Analytics and BI teams at Revel! We help Revel customers make data driven decisions. We are an autonomous team not only building high quality products but doing so while investing in ourselves, our processes and tooling. As a software engineer for data platform you will have direct influence on how we go about fulfilling this mission.
As a Software Engineer (Data Platform), You Will
- Work as part of a team to design intuitive data products and dashboard visualizations
- Refine our data engineering platform and tooling including our CI/CD processes
- Review and implement data transformations to ensure high performance and reliability
- Work with the team to help decide which customer questions/use cases we will focus on
- Design data marts to serve our customer facing dashboards
We Expect That You
- Have at least 3 years of experience crafting solutions in professional environments
- Have experience optimizing Redshift performance
- Have worked with a data lake / warehouse / lakehouse
- Have worked with real time data streaming solutions
- Have worked with terabyte scale products
- Have worked with layered architectures and APIs
- Are fluent in English as we have colleagues from around the world
As a software engineer you will have worked with a variety of technologies. We don’t expect you to know our entire stack. Of course, the greater the overlap the better 🙂
Our data engineering platform is currently a data warehouse and related data pipelines which support customer facing dashboards. We use `dbt` (SQL) to manage our transformations and a collection of AWS services all managed through Terraform and GitLab pipelines (Redshift, Batch, DMS, Step Functions, Lambda, API Gateway, EventBridge, Dynamo, RDS).
- Quality in everything we do. Clean code, pair programming, infrastructure as code, CI pipelines and tests. We write robust automated tests for every piece of code. We release often using automated pipelines that support continuous delivery.
- Be the change you want to see. As part of one of the most innovative squads in Revel, you will constantly get a chance to evolve the way we work.
- Continuous personal growth. Be challenged and motivated by Revel’s talented, yet friendly 😉 engineers. Regular feedback comes from peers informally and through 360 reviews. Technical and leadership career opportunities exist across Revel’s expansive suite of products. You’ll also enjoy an education and conference travel budget allowance.
- Communicate boldly. We enter conversations with clearly and strongly stated opinions, but eagerly listen and learn from our teammates. Our code reviews are full of productive discussions. Your voice will be heard in our self organizing, team led structure.
- Scrum puts teams first. We are a very proactive, passionate and autonomous team. Young but mature professionals who bring joy to each other’s day. And we spend much of those days pair programming together. Agile is our default mindset. We believe in T-shaped skill sets. We each have our strengths but are willing to pull tasks from any domain.
Salary ranges from 2900 to 6300 € gross
By applying for a job position and submitting your personal data, you confirm that you have read and accept Revel Systems’ Applicant Privacy Notice
Company: Revel Systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vilnius, Vilniaus, Lithuania
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.