Are you looking for a Job at Sodexo in Mesa, AZ
Description of the unit
for Sodexo of American Leadership Academy in Mesa is looking for a part-time food service worker. Perfect job, I work only when students are in school, no nights, no weekends, or no holidays. Part-time position with potential to move full-time. forfor Eligibility for benefits
for Part-Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe that every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits such as paid time off, financial and savings programs, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees) . forfor Position summary
for The food service worker can work anywhere on the property where food is prepared. This person will help prepare and serve food from counters and steam tables. Tasks will include cleaning and disinfecting equipment and workstations. General job responsibilities include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other job responsibilities. These responsibilities may differ between accounts, based on business needs and customer requirements. forfor General responsibilities
- Read recipes and/or product instructions.
- Estimate food needs.
- Operate a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foods for cooking, serving and storage.
- Helps in the preparation of hot and/or cold food, and stores food properly, using knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Maintains records and orders for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Clean and sanitize workstations and equipment following all Sodexo and regulatory rules and procedures.
- You can try trial products.
- Set up stations with main dishes, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products, and utensils.
- Provides general storage tasks in the service area.
- Serves and restocks food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a food conveyor belt) and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Make coffee and tea.
- Other beverage areas may need to be restocked.
- Interact with customers in the service, retail and dining areas.
- Helps customers open containers and cut food upon request.
- Attend all in-service training on allergies and foodborne illness.
- Comply with all company security and risk management policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participate in regular safety meetings, trainingin safety and hazard assessments.
- Comply with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attend training programs (face-to-face and virtual) as designated.
- You can work on a tray to distribute food.
- You can perform other duties and responsibilities that are assigned to you. for
Qualifications and requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growth.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- The ability to work flexible hours is helpful.
- Must comply with the dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity. for
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience is required. for
- You present yourself in a highly professional manner to others and understand that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all co-workers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and customer representatives.
- Capacityto use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear instructions and respond to employees.
- Basic skills to handle food. for
- Near vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Meaningful walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work standing up for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. for
Working conditions (can add additional conditions specific to a defined workplace):
- Generally in an indoor environment; however, you can monitor external events and activities.
- Variable hours to include nights, holidays, weekends and extended hours as dictated by business.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled and temperate environment; however, you may be exposed to heat/cold while supporting outdoor activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. for
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/minority/female/disabled/veteran employer ”
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Mesa, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.