This Job Listing is about OVO in UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
<!--> Location: Field Based - Scotland (IV,AB,PA,DD,FK,EH,KA,DG Postcodes)
Can you see yourself in an active role while helping to achieve Zero Carbon Living?
Are you a practical learner? You can become a qualified Smart Meter Engineer while working and training on the job!
Do you prefer to be on the move and help our customers in person rather than stuck in front of a computer screen? You’ll meet different people every day while having autonomy over your own work.
If this sounds like something you’d be keen on, please read on! We don’t even need to see your CV - no matter your background, past experience, age or gender, we’ve worked hard to create an environment which is exciting & comfortable for everybody & we’d love to hear from you!
We’re making zero carbon happen
We’re OVO Group, a big family of companies united by a single vision: to get to zero carbon, fast.
We call this Plan Zero – and it shows how we’ll be fighting the climate crisis and transforming the way people use energy over the next decade. To do this, we need the sharpest minds. Are you up for the challenge?
Do great green things with OVO Energy
So much has changed since we launched in 2009. Our goal remains the same though: make energy cheaper, greener, and simpler. Just as it was on day one.
Everyone belongs at OVO
Our aim is to build a diverse and inclusive movement: teams of brilliant people, with unique talents, skills, passions, and experiences.
We encourage everyone to join us, whatever your gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, life experience, or background. So please come as you are – we can’t wait to meet you.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We’re offering an exciting opportunity to start a new career as a Smart Energy Engineer. As an Apprentice Engineer, you’ll be working at customers homes delivering a service we can be proud of and helping us achieve our mission of driving progress towards net zero carbon living.
At OVO, we want to work towards zero carbon living by giving people a tangible understanding of their carbon footprint and clear ways to reduce it, using technology to drive progress. Field Services is right at the centre of providing customers with the inspiration, information,products and tools they need to take their homes and cars on the journey to zero carbon.
What will I be doing?
You’ll join us as a Smart Energy Engineer Apprentice, ready to take advantage of the opportunities provided to develop your skills. Your apprenticeship will last for a minimum one year, during which time you will gain recognised transferable skills and qualifications.
As part of a 53 week Apprenticeship programme we’ll support you through your initial 20 week training period, half of which will be spent at one of our top training academies. You’ll learn and obtain experience in the fundamentals of installing smart, gas and electric meters and associated equipment, providing energy efficiency advice - and helping our customers make the most of their new technology. You’ll then partner with an experienced OVO Engineer who will mentor you on the job to get you started on the path to becoming a fully qualified and brilliant Smart Energy Engineer.
Upon completion of your training and mentoring you’ll continue your 53 week Apprenticeship working live, installing meters into the homes of 1000’s of our customers whilst completing your apprenticeship portfolio…Laying the foundations for a smarter grid that will enable the coordination and control of millions of connected devices, creating a fully flexible and decentralised future energy system.
Is this the job for me?
You don’t need any previous experience…The kind of person we’re looking for:
- Being a passionate advocate of Ovo’s Plan Zero and energy efficiency, you’ll deliver the highest possible level of customer satisfaction by becoming a brand ambassador, understanding how you can make a difference.
- Engaging with our customers on the benefits of smart meters including how to monitor and reduce their energy consumption.
- Committed to learning and achieving a Diploma in Smart Metering Dual Fuel, and associated qualifications.
- With support and coaching from mentors and your Manager you will continue to develop and document your progress along the way.
- You’ll be responsible for the whole customer experience, starting with ensuring you have the right materials stocked in your van, a proactive approach to pre-visit communication, whilst utilising strong technical skills to deliver exceptional service, getting it right the first time.
- Adapt working methods to Installing Smart metering systems in a range of Customer environments. Identify where situations or conditions are to unsafe standards and take appropriate actions.
- Always look for opportunities to work collaboratively with your peers and colleagues whilst having a flexible and responsive approach to ensure we always deliver on our customers’ needs.
- Be a self-starter and take ownership to work on your own initiative by regularly refreshing knowledge and your skills to ensure you’re up to speed on all technical, customer and procedural updates, adopting and applying new skills and working practices to enhance safety, member satisfaction and efficiency.
- Carry out risk assessments to ensure safety of yourself, customer and their property. Use tools, equipment and PPE in a safe and appropriate manner.
and be 18+
Brilliant Benefits For a World-changing Team
Our people are at the heart of Plan Zero. That’s why we offer plenty of green benefits and progressive policies to make you feel at home.
For starters, you’ll get 34 days of holiday (including bank holidays).
Then there’s Flex Pay. It’s an extra 9% of your salary on top of your core pay to use as you like. You can take it as cash, add to your pension, or choose to spend it on a huge range of flex benefits.
Here’s a taster of what’s on offer:
For your health
With benefits like a healthcare cash plan or private medical insurance depending on your career level, critical illness cover, life assurance, health assessments, and more
For your wellbeing
With gym membership, gadget, travel and cyber insurance, workplace ISA, will writing services, DNA testing, dental insurance, and more
For your lifestyle
With extra holiday buying, discount dining, culture cards, tech loans, and supporting your favourite charities with give-as-you-earn donations
For your home
Get up to £300 off any OVO Energy plan (when you pay by Direct Debit), plus personal carbon offsetting and great discounts on smart thermostats and EV chargers
For your commute
Nab a great deal on ultra-low emission car leasing, plus our cycle to work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
Want to hear about our full range of flexible benefits and progressive people policies? Our People Team can tell you everything you need to know.
For our Field Engineers
On top of these amazing benefits you will also receive a pre-Loaded MasterCard with £69 each month to spend on food and drink whilst you are out and about fitting smart meters in customers homes. If for whatever reason you need to work over your hours then you will receive 1.5x your normal hourly wage and If you work on a Saturday you will get £60 per dual job (gas and electric meter) £30 for a single meter and £10 if the job can’t go ahead.
Oh, and one last thing...
We’d be thrilled if you tick off all our boxes yet we also believe it’s just as important we tick off all of yours. And if you think you have most of what we’re looking for but not every single thing, go ahead and hit apply. We’d still love to hear from you!
- You’ll have a strong desire to learn and develop, using creative thinking and be able to adapt to new ways of working.
- Demonstrate key behaviours that align with our OVO values, including understanding the power of getting things done better, together… being creative and enjoy solving problems, as well as thrive when moving quickly and working at pace.
- We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We create an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can belong and succeed. That's why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
- Comfortable talking to & helping our customers in their home
- Great at multitasking and handling your time to get things done
- Comfortable using smart devices, and always happy to learn about new systems and tools to help you do your job better.
- A good level of Maths and English skills
- A current full manual driving licence (with up to 6 points), which you can use in the UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A