Shangri-La Group Vacancies in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman – Chef de Cuisine – French Cuisine
Website Shangri-La Group
Are you looking for a Job at ShangriLa Group in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Nestled in between the dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains and the pristine waters of the Sea of Oman, Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to three spectacular hotels: the family orientated Al Waha comprises 262 rooms, the diverse Al Bandar comprises 198 deluxe rooms and the luxurious and most exclusive Al Husn has 180 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort also features 22 Food and Beverage outlets, 1,056 sqm ballroom with 8 breakout rooms, wide variety of recreational facilities, and a spa with 12 treatment villas.
Job Summary: We are looking for a chef de cuisine who will overlook the Signature Fine Dining Restaurant (Sultanah Restaurant), pool bar, beach bar, room service, afternoon tea, and evening cocktail on daily basis. You will need to be able to prepare and cook authentic French Cuisine dishes. As Chef De Cuisine, we rely on you to
- Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards, and procedures.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavors.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications. We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience designing and preparing high-end French cuisine
- Minimum a total of 10 years experience in the culinary industry including a minimum of 2 years in the same position in an international 5-star Hotel
- Creative in menu design with modern presentations – Fine dining
- Experience in a Similar concept or International Fine Dining restaurant is a plus
- Knowledge of HACCP and other food safety programs are required
- Knowledge of Fire Life Safety
- Assisting the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef by completing special projects
- Ready to take on additional responsibilities and to grow for the next movement
- Prior working experience in the Middle East is a strong add on
- Computer experience is a must
- Fully responsible for Food cost control
Company: Shangri-La Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.