Are you looking for a Job at SGS in Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
To expand its Oil & Gas Upstream Consultancy team, SGS is looking for a Technical Salesperson / Senior Consultant with a strong background in Production Technology / Production Optimisation / Well integrity. The consultant will work as part of the SGS Subsurface Consultancy (SSC) team.
Our integrated team of specialists, including geoscientists, reservoir and petroleum engineers and production technologists, offers integrated solutions to our client’s challenges. The team performs dedicated studies for a range of global clients and is also involved in the coordination of in-field inspections, sampling campaigns and laboratory analysis in collaboration with members of the wider SGS Upstream team (located in various locations around the world).
In this role you will work with our worldwide technical sales team, with the aim of identifying client challenges and securing projects for SGS Subsurface Consultancy, especially in the realm of Production Optimization and Well Integrity. Furthermore, you will work closely with our existing team of production optimisation and asset integrity consultants to provide advisory solutions and studies, where possible integrating the broader SGS oilfield services capabilities. Finally, you will support other studies carried out by the wider SSC consultant team (e.g. FDP studies). You will need to be able to apply your knowledge and commercial experience for growing SGS’ market share and service offering related to integrated Production Optimization solutions.
- Growing SGS Upstream and Production Optimization services through acquisition of new projects involving; direct client interaction and relationship development, technical sales, marketing and networking activities coordinated with the SGS Upstream Business Development team, principally the Business Development & Sales Manager for Subsurface Consultancy
- Acting as Subject Matter expert for his/her field of expertise, ensuring high technical quality is maintained and steering new (technological) developments
- Supporting integrated studies for SGS’ customers, as a part of the technical project team, or as Project Manager. Responsibility will be for production technology, production engineering or well engineering studies and integrating analyses of production and integrity data for risk evaluation
- Supporting and carrying out Production Technology, Production Engineering or Well Engineering technical work for other SGS Subsurface Consultancy projects or for other SGS affiliates
- Defining longer term strategies and business development objectives related to Production Optimization and related consultancy services.
- Attending conferences and publishing articles, in agreement with the relevant Business Development and Sales Manager
- The candidate must have minimum 20 years’ experience in Production Technology, Production Engineering or Well Integrity operations in the O&G industry. Track record as a consultant will be highly advantageous.
- Proven track record of business development and client networking, preferably as a consultant. The candidate must have a proven wide professional network.
- Experience of technical “sales” is preferred.
- Self-starter and able to execute technical work with no supervision, either as part of a team, leading a (technical) team or on one-man projects.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours and to travel and work on multi-week assignments, in different locations globally.
- Ideally a Master’s or higher degree in Production Engineering, Well (Integrity) Engineering, Production Technology or other relevant discipline.
- Up-to-date, hands-on experience of relevant production technology / well engineering / other relevant software to an advanced level in his/her field of competence.
- Experience in data analytics software (Spotfire, PowerBI) will be viewed as beneficial
- Understanding of associated subsurface disciplines (geophysics, reservoir geology, geomechanics and reservoir engineering).
- Excellent oral, presenting & written communication skills (minimum English, additional languages, an advantage).
- Advanced project management/planning skills with ability to manage projects, budgets & deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with strong experience in (sub)surface modelling/workflows and operations.
Travel & Location
- The role is to be based in one of SGS key locations in Middle East (Oman, UAE..) or Asia (Kuala Lumpur) (to be mutually agreed)
- Occasional to frequent travel is anticipated for this role related to; technical sales activities, including maintaining customer relations, working on client assignments (including working in clients office locations), and visiting SGS office locations.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org