Senior/Staff Fullstack Engineer, Incubation: Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) in GitLab 2022 at Costa Rica
This Job Listing is about GitLab in Costa Rica 2022
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Our entire handbook is public. You can find the details of our vision & direction , read through the direction of our Incubation department , and track the OKRs that guide our Single Engineer Groups (SEG) .
A Brief Overview
As a Fullstack Engineer, Senior Fullstack Engineer, or Staff Fullstack Engineer in the Incubation Engineering Department at GitLab, you will be working on a project that is pre-Product/Market fit. Your focus will be on moving fast, shipping, getting feedback, and iterating on an idea that may contribute to our revenue in 3-5 years’ time.
We’re hiring a Fullstack Engineer to build a solution related to Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) . Your goal will be to build capabilities within the GitLab DevOps platform that enable our users to determine what are the most vulnerable parts of a their network and suggest remedies to resolve these vulnerabilities.
We utilize Single Engineer Groups (SEGs) in our Incubation department. Your role will encompass all of product development; from product management to engineering, design, and quality at the smallest scale. You’ll learn from, and collaborate with, larger departments at GitLab.
The Incubation Engineering team works transparently and posts weekly updates to YouTube. You can see the team’s latest updates in this Youtube playlist .
What you can expect in a Fullstack Engineer role in our Incubation department:
- Develop features and improvements in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Work closely with company leadership to guide GitLab’s entry into the market represented by this Breach and Attack Simulation SEG.
- Interact with community members and help drive initial user adoption.
- Develop strategies for scaling beyond the Incubation phase.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. * Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Regularly demonstrate progress to stakeholders.
You should apply if:
- You bring strong technical skills and an ability to work across backend, frontend, and infrastructure management code. Experience with Ruby or Go, Terraform/IaC, and Vue.js are particularly relevant given GitLab’s current tech stack.
- You demonstrate a desire to work in a “startup within a startup” with a broad scope of ownership and high degree of autonomy.
- You must be excited about the ability to work independently, or have prior success in a similar “incubation” model.
- You understand the competitive landscape and market opportunities in the Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) domain.
- You are comfortable with changing direction based on stakeholder feedback and market conditions.
- You’re passionate about great UX.
- You have a background in building scalable services.
You’ll stand out if you bring experience in:
- Being a prior company technical co-founder.
- Being an early contributor to a successful open source project.
- Working successfully on a prior single-engineer group.
- Extensive familiarity with the GitLab project and application.
- Working with people around the globe.
- Have distributed systems experience.
- Developing Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) capabilities.
What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. You’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the world.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a “no ask, must tell” paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually.
You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment , pay for your membership to a co-working space, and every year we’ll invite you to our Contribute event .
Our Hiring Process And Compensation
The hiring process for this Fullstack Engineer position typically follows five stages – a call with a recruiter, a conversation with the Hiring Manager, two technical interviews for Frontend and Backend, an architectural discussion, and a final stage with our CTO. Our compensation calculator will be shared with candidates selected for a screening call.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $ 89,600 – $220,400 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity . Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S.
- 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation , please let us know during the recruiting process .
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Costa Rica
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.