This Job Listing is about ChartMogul in Waltham, MA 2022
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer to join our Pipeline Team. We’re the team responsible for creating a platform to accept the data from various sources and schedule processing of that data. We are currently a team of 5 backend developers working in 2-week iterations. Working with us would allow you to get full end-to-end responsibility of part of the platform that processes millions of invoices per month.
- Gather and process large volumes of data. You will play a meaningful role in improving a backend that processes very high volumes of raw data
- Support the rest of the team in improving the quality of our main Rails application
- Contribute to technology strategy; take a front seat in our decision-making on evolving our data processing pipeline using technologies that fit our purposes
- Support & mentor junior engineers through high-quality, scalable engineering designs and helpful code reviews
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in (relevant) technology
- You have 4+ years of experience, with at least 1 of them in developing high traffic web applications
- You are very well versed with Ruby
- Experienced in SQL and data processing — we use PostgreSQL for most things
- Good knowledge of software development fundamentals; how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, when and how to select the right paradigm for a task
- Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions
Nice to Have
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD systems
- Practical knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack and Terraform
- Practical knowledge of job schedulers such as Sidekiq, Faktory, and/or pg_cron
- You’re passionate about coding: you know how to run code, not just write it
- You’re pragmatic and know when to be hands-on, and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations
- You’re excited to learn new technologies and best practices
- You’re always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues
- You’re eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll receive a salary package in the range of 65,000 – 85,000 EUR / year (*Our range is set according to a market research conducted in the Berlin area. The final offer will depend on your experience & location.)
- Flexible hours with healthy work-life balance
- All employees, including contractors, receive sick days, paid holiday days, and paternity leave
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping companies build better businesses!
- Initial call with our Tech Recruiter
- Technical interview with Pipeline Team Members
- Hiring manager interview with our Director of Engineering
- Final interview with our VP of Engineering
- Reference Checks
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the EU at this time.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waltham, MA
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.