This Job Listing is about Cavista in La, Taraba, Nigeria 2022
Cavista is a global technology company creating cloud-based software solutions for clients. With operations around the world, we globalize, standardize and localize our processes, while at the same time remaining sensitive to specific needs in different regions. Our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions.
Cavista provides an open and collaborative work environment that cultivates excellence and innovation. We believe in maintaining a stable work-life balance that enables us to do our best work while fulfilling family responsibilities and being active in civic duties and volunteering. At Cavista, everyone’s ideas are valued, and every voice matters. We operate under the mantra “may the best idea win.” Our open-door policy and processes align with our inclusive culture which empowers Cavistans to share ideas openly.
This is a full-time role
The Senior Legal Officer provides timely high-level litigation and/or legal advice, briefings and correspondence on complex areas of law and policy issues to ensure efficient and effective legal services delivery.
- Member of the Administrative arm of the Organization. Recording Secretary of all statutory meetings.
- When the directorate is called for the purpose, representation of the Directorate at various departmental/unit meetings as instructed by the Director of Legal Services.
- Drafting, reviewing and perfection of legal documents for and on behalf of Organization.
- Representation and protection of the Organization at the court sittings and Multi- Door Court House.
- Constant Legal Research for immediate, short, mid and long term needs of the Organization
- Conduct of legal search of any kind for subjects on behalf of the Organization when the need arises
- When the need arises, representing and protecting the Organization at the Nigeria Police Station and other Security Agencies.
- Frequent Consultations with the Director, Assistant Director and Principal Legal Officers on pending legal matters.
- Handling of Corporate affairs matters as assigned by the Office
- Handling of all other duties as assigned by the Director and relevant personnel and other duties incidental to the optimal performance of the Directorate and the Organization at Large.
- Dual reportage – to be responsible to both the Director of Legal at the Headquarters and the Officer in Charge of the Organization as shall be contained in the organogram of the Subsidiary concerned.
- Prepares Memorandum of Understanding, bills and statutes on administrative matters and conduct research on appropriate emerging legal issues
- Provides representation to the institution in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes
- A graduate degree in law (minimum of second class lower).
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- A minimum 5 years post NYSC experience.
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification (i.e. LLM) is an added advantage
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
Cavista offers even more
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 – day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Referral Bonus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: La, Taraba, Nigeria
Application Deadline: N/A