This Job Listing is about Mapbox in Minsk, Minsk, Belarus 2022
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What Do We Do
The RAVE Mapping tools team owns a variety of services for review, validation and editing of Mapbox’s global basemap content with the aim of delivering our customers the most accurate, and continuously updating Live Map of the world. We rely on our robust data processing pipelines and suite of proprietary tools that we have built over the years that allows us to validate millions of data updates per month, process thousands of weekly user feedback from vehicles and mobile devices, and annotate millions anonymized user sessions and telemetry to make them machine readable and extract insights at scale.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to partner with a passionate group of engineers to own, build, and grow out our Mapping Tool capabilities to the next level.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Drive the design, development, and testing of Mapbox tooling for triaging and applying fixes for customer’s feedback as well as applying corrections on the top of third party data.
- Establish operational metrics that ensure your tools are performing as expected and continuously drive improvements.
- Collaborate with the in-house editors team to understand their workflows, gather pains and gains for everyday usage of services you are developing.
- Solve complex workflow problems and implement enhancements in frontend and backend services based on evolving business requirements, metrics and user feedback.
- Maintain documentation for your services
What We Believe Are Important Traits For This Role
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack engineer.
- Experience with server-side development in Node.js, Nest.js, Express.js.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases is important, hands-on with one of the following databases is a must: Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with Git.
- Familiarity with modern engineering best practices (build systems, continuous testing, etc). Good understanding of how to build robust software.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. Mapbox has offices in the USA, Finland, China and Belarus. You should clearly communicate complex ideas to a worldwide audience. Similarly, you should explain your work in detail and walk through decisions with teammates and collaborators.
Would be a plus
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and associated technology (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Hands-on with Python / Bash scripting.
- Experience with type-checking (Typescript)
- Experience with testing frameworks: Jest, Mocha, Sinon, Chai, Nock, Cypress.
- Experience with project management tools: Jira is preferred.
- Would be a heavy plus an experience of working with GeoJSON and understanding of OSM tools ecosystem.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received theMapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minsk, Minsk, Belarus
Application Deadline: N/A