Website GovTech Singapore
This Job Listing is about GovTech Singapore in Singapore, Singapore 2022
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an “outside-in” view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation – a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As an Applications Infrastructure Manager, you will lead at least one team comprising Application Infrastructure Engineers (AIEs) and Application Infrastructure Architects (AIAs) in providing crucial enterprise-level application infrastructure services to public service agencies.
Working with the Technical Services Information System Manager, you will be responsible for the overall planning and managing of ICT Service Management and related projects. You will be responsible for the entire life cycle of your projects, from initiation and implementation to maintenance. You will also have to ensure that the results meet the business objectives of the government agency you are assigned to, in line with eGovernment strategy and directions.
What you will be working on:
- Manage a team of AIEs, AIAs and external vendors
- Support new and existing application systems by reviewing, supporting and endorsing infrastructure architecture, resource planning, performance and system hosting environment, focusing on Hardware Infrastructure, Operating Systems, Virtualisation, and Storage and Backup.
- Find opportunities to optimise delivery, and achieve standardisation of application infrastructure services across public service agencies to reduce operating expenses.
- Drive, supervise and lead all aspects of application infrastructure services and projects across public service agencies and assign resources to ensure smooth operations.
- Be the domain specialist on application infrastructure technology. Coach and mentor Application Infrastructure Service Consultants through new and routine tasks.
- Be responsible for the competency development of AIEs and AIAs according to the training and competency development roadmap established.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in designing, deploying and handling enterprise level ICT infrastructure in application infrastructure services. Five out of these 10 years should feature work in a leadership role.
- Excellent technical knowledge of application infrastructure technologies, with good knowledge of supporting technologies such as infrastructure operations.
- Proactive and dedicated individual with strong leadership and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with the ability to present ideas and influence partners.
- An adaptable and bold personality, with a willingness to try new things and take smart risks.
- Passion and belief in GovTech’s core values – Agile, Bold and Collaborative
- Preferred Skills: Relevant certification in one or more intermediate Cloud Technology platforms (Architecture, Network/Security and/or DevOps)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
Company: GovTech Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Application Deadline: N/A