Website Newcrest Mining
This Job Listing is about Newcrest Mining in Papua New Guinea 2022
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer – Mechanical to provide Mechanical Engineering advice to the Tanks and Tails Maintenance Team as well as Processing Operations Team. You will cover maintenance issues together with structural assessments and integrity inspections, project development, management and ensuring all mechanical installations comply with all relevant statutory and safety requirements. In applying for this role, it is essential you hold significant mechanical engineering experience across Tanks and Tails.
Your scope of duties will include but not be limited to below:
- Drives and influence proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership
- Ensures all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual HSE requirements and hold people
- accountable for adherence.
- Provides technical support to resolve complex engineering technical issues in the Processing areas in respect of performance improvement and optimisation of the Asset Management portfolio.
- Manages the site structural integrity program ensuring all engineering records and documentation is maintained and safe work procedures are in place and resolves complex technical issues through application of knowledge, facilitation of internal and external specialists and the management of OEM’s.
- Regularly reviews all records and practices to ensure compliance with engineering procedures and regulations.
- Manages and maintain engineering records, site technical standards, site standards drawings and specifications and ensures accurate and timely reporting of equipment events and maintenance.
- Manages statutory compliance for all mechanical installations, equipment and works across the area and ensures required documentation is obtained from OEMs and contractors including but not limited to, manuals, procedures, certificates of competency, licenses, permits, certificates of calibration or testing, (MSDS) etc.
- Communicate with management and update the Superintendent – Mechanical to resolve complex mechanical engineering issues concerning new technology, upgrade of equipment, revision to standards and purchase specifications, commissioning procedures and new projects designs.
- Carry out engineering investigation of plant defects as necessary and undertake other engineering investigations as directed by the Superintendent – Mechanical.
- Delivers work within approved budget managing any variances in accordance with escalation process.
- Actively participate in the budgeting cycle for capital and operational budgets including capital requests for projects.
- Actively seeks cost reduction improvements
Skills, Qualifications And Experience
- Tertiary qualified Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering Essential with accreditation from the Institute of Engineers PNG Inc. essential and will be completed as part of work permit process.
- 7+ Years relevant work experience (Essential)
- Advanced use of various company & departmental systems including SAP, Optimum etc.
- Post graduate studies in the Asset Management field desirable.
- Extensive engineering experience within a large-scale complex processing plant or heavy industry, preferably Mining (Essential)
- Strong knowledge in API 650 (Essential)
- Robust experience with Tanks (Essential)
- Strong communication skills (Essential)
- Previous experience working in a remote location in a developing country (Advantageous)
- Works in accordance with PNG Mine Safety Act, Newcrest Safety System, Safety Policies and Procedures and Newcrest Environment policies and all departmental operating procedures.
- Mechanical engineering concepts and methodologies.
- High technical skills & expertise in minerals processing equipment and circuits.
- Project management skills including methodology, practices and techniques.
- This is a fly in fly out role
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance valid within last six months
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Company: Newcrest Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A