Senior Database Engineer, Engine Yard (Remote) – $100,000/year USD in Crossover for Work 2022 at Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Website Crossover for Work
This Job Listing is about Crossover for Work in Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana 2022
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Engine Yard. Have you got what it takes?
Have you ever felt stuck with maintenance duty of the same old database while the rest of the world is moving forward, innovating, exploring new technologies and leaving you behind? You feel trapped working with outdated tools on repeated tasks that are not challenging or exciting and do not allow you to develop your skills.
Enter Engine Yard. We handle every deployment and management step for app developers, including database management. We help thousands of teams with limited DevOps support effortlessly run complex containerized applications. Our DB professionals serve as extensions of our customers’ teams. As a result, you will get to work directly on a large variety of our customers’ databases. You will be constantly challenged to pick up new knowledge and work with state-of-the-art technology. Your skills will develop at x100 the rate of a traditional DB role.
Amazing 24/7 customer support is part of our DNA, and for that, we need a rockstar support team. This is where you come in. Are you an experienced database professional with deep technical knowledge who enjoys working closely with customers and building relationships? Then this role is for you! DB professionals at Engine Yard actively interact with customers and are constantly stimulated by the opportunity to solve database issues across thousands of databases and customer apps. This is not a role for those who don’t like working on challenging problems or want to specialize in a particular kind of DB architecture.
Are you excited to deepen your technical knowledge while working closely with Engine Yard customers to consult on and solve their database issues? Apply to join us today!
What You Will Be Doing
- Solving support tickets related to customer DB issues that are escalated by the L2 team
- Providing ad-hoc hands-on support on DB issues raised directly by customers.
- Performing database management tasks such as setting up migration, backup and restoration scripts, and monitoring performance
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Maintaining and working on issues affecting the same set of database instances all the time
- Working in the background with no customer interaction
Senior Database Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Contributing to 100% customer retention through provision of high-quality support for customers’ database instances running on the Engine Yard platform
- 4+ years of experience as a Database Architect
- Experience in a customer-facing role for enterprise software products
About Engine Yard
This is an opportunity to work on building a new brand in developer tools that will shape the future of software development. You will be working with an exceptional team to help scale a fast-paced new business. Every technology you work with will be leading edge and innovative. Developers, engineers, product managers, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and customer and production support personnel work closely with one another to build our next-generation platform. You will have the opportunity to work independently on challenging compound problems as well as collaborate with other team members to solve major goals.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/autheset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4836-GH-Accra-SeniorDatabase.003
Company: Crossover for Work
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Application Deadline: N/A
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.