Website Courtyard by Marriott Reykjavik Keflavik Airport
This Job Listing is about Courtyard by Marriott Reykjavik Keflavik Airport in Reykjanesbær, Southern Peninsula, Iceland 2022
Sales & Marketing Manager -Maternity Leave replacement for 1 year – for the award-winning 4* Marriott branded Hotel in Iceland.
This position is available from January 2023 till January 2024 as our current Sales & Marketing manager is going on 1-year maternity leave.
Our Sales & Marketing Manager is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales & marketing with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable the achievement of sales objectives.
What we’re looking for
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- Experience with Marriott systems and networks
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
- University degree in sales, marketing, or any relevant studies
- 5-year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area
What you’ll do
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
- Proactively targets Corporate/group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with a heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Identifies, qualifies, and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each property’s revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and the property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Supports brand’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Provides excellent customer service to grow share of the account.
Building Successful Relationships
- Works collaboratively with close team members, off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary, and not duplicative.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand the customer base for sales opportunities.
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging leadership
- Support to live a life of well-being and happiness
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food, and beverage
- Recognition programs
For any further questions please contact Rebekka at [email protected]
Company: Courtyard by Marriott Reykjavik Keflavik Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reykjanesbær, Southern Peninsula, Iceland
Application Deadline: N/A