Website Rimas Global
Are you looking for a Job at Rimas Global in Salalah, Dhofar, Oman
About the job
Cable jointers make and repair joins in insulated power supply and control cables installed in underground pipes, trenches and overhead systems. They also prepare cable terminations for electrical equipment and overhead lines. Cable jointers also install and maintain underground electrical and communication cables in city and country areas, new housing estates and industrial centers.
Cable jointers may perform the following tasks:
· pull electrical cables through underground pipes or conduits and join cables in transmission and distribution systems
· prepare low- and high-voltage cable joints and cable terminations while connecting and installing electrical equipment and overhead lines
· test and locate cable faults, and maintain and repair cables
· update location diagrams for the layout of cable systems
· ensure that conductors are correctly connected between sub-stations and customers’ premises when installing and making repairs
· assist with manufacturing and preparing cable jointing components
· dig trenches and service pits or tunnels
· encase cables in protective covers.
Key skills and interests To become a cable jointer, you would need:
· to enjoy practical work
· to be able to cope with the physical demands of the job
· normal eyesight and color vision
· good hand-eye coordination
· a safety-conscious attitude
· to be able to work at heights.
Working hours and conditions
You would work a standard week which may include shifts. You may be part of a standby roster for emergencies outside normal working hours. Overtime may be necessary.
Cable jointers mainly work outdoors, sometimes in cramped and confined conditions or at heights. You would need to maintain good relations with property owners, tenants and authorities. Cable jointers often work as part of a team.
If you were repairing overhead power lines work, you would be working at heights, using safety access equipment.
You would be likely to need a drivers’ license to travel from site to site.
Cable jointers employed by a power network operator must fulfil employer qualification requirements. Accreditation may be necessary for some work, or you may require an electrician’s license.
Min. 5 years of Experience in LV and 11KV cable jointing and termination
Company: Rimas Global
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Salalah, Dhofar, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org