Website Making Cents International
This Job Listing is about Making Cents International in Kyrgyzstan 2022
Making Cents International is recruiting a Research Assistant to support a democracy, human rights, and governance (DRG) programming team in Kyrgyzstan. Programming support will include research support ahead of, during, and possibly after approximately three weeks of in-country work. The team will also include an international Team Lead, Senior In-Country Expert, International Expert, and a Logistician.
Role and Tasks
The Research Assistant will provide research and administrative support to the team. The Research Assistant’s tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Review relevant background materials prior to commencement of research.
- Review local and non-English language resources, including news articles, academic papers, etc., for information relevant to the assessment topic.
- Analyze open-source data and draft English language summary documents.
- Support in identifying appropriate individuals and organizations to interview for the assessment.
- Participate in meetings as requested by the Team Lead.
- Support in the conduct key informant interviews and focus group discussions with stakeholders, as requested.
- Participate in in-briefing and out-briefing meetings, as requested.
- Support data analysis activities as requested by the Team Lead.
- Draft portions of the assessment report as requested by the Team Lead.
- Assist in the review, revision, and finalization of the report based on feedback received.
Proposed Level of Effort:
The anticipated Level of Effort will be 18 days, with a majority of the LOE taking place before and during the in-country work phase of the assessment. The Research Assistant must be available to work flexible hours during the duration of the assignment.
In-country work is tentatively scheduled to begin in February 2023. If COVID-19 restrictions and safety protocols limit in-person meetings, some or all of the assessment may be conducted virtually.
- Resident of Kyrgyzstan.
- Proficiency in English and Kyrgyz.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience, or a master’s degree and at least three years of experience in a related field.
- Prior experience working on assessment teams, conducting research and analysis, and writing reports in English.
- Knowledge of the DRG landscape in Kyrgyzstan.
- Experience with international donor-funded projects.
Making Cents International is a results-driven small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Powered by JazzHR
Company: Making Cents International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kyrgyzstan
Application Deadline: N/A