Website Canadawide Sports
This Job Listing is about Canadawide Sports in Brantford, Ontario, Canada 2022
The Opportunity – Purchasing & Inventory Manager
As a Purchasing & Inventory Manager you will work in partnership with entire Operations Team as well as Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Accounting, and external partners. This role is a cross-functional opportunity that is integral to the organization due to the collaborative initiative the company is taking to drive synergies between departments.
The position will strategically manage forecasting, planning, purchasing and logistics deployment processes to optimize inventory levels and ensure product availability to meet financial objectives. The Purchasing & Inventory Manager will lead the company’s demand planning process and will work cross functionally to measure and continuously improve forecast accuracy.
In a fast-paced work environment, the responsibilities of this role will include owning all Purchasing and Inventory functions, building on and further developing the demand planning process, streamline forecasting and PO management with suppliers, inventory management to maximize sales and streamline order flow, contribute to process improvement activities both internally and externally. Working under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Operations, duties may also include, but not limited to:
- Own the cross-functional demand planning process to drive forecasting and purchasing strategies
- You will be creating, leading, and executing sourcing from start to finish. Working with key stakeholders and finding strategic value is a key part of this role
- Help implement and report on internal KPI’s for forecasting and inventory
- Creating and updating monthly/yearly forecast for inventory levels needed to support budget and demand
- Manage strategic sourcing activities and identify savings opportunities
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure purchase orders are being facilitated through agreed production lead times and that shipping dates are met
- Manage and resolve any discrepancies with suppliers regarding invoices, claims, and quality issues; promote a customer-focused and service-oriented approach in providing services to external and internal customers
- Manage inbound freight logistics as it relates to inventory purchases (Ocean, Air, OTR)
- Review, improve and maintain inventory reporting functions for internal stakeholders
- ERP (NetSuite) administration for SKU creation, Item set up, Vendor creation, etc.
- Ad hoc duties/tasks/projects
- No current direct reports, however, there is future opportunity as the company grows
Skills & Qualifications:
You are a self-starter, entrepreneurially minded and a self-motivated individual that enjoys working autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. You are a clear and concise communicator and take pride in your work by paying a high attention to detail. You are a team player that leads by example and you take ownership of your responsibilities and special projects to ensure key deadlines are consistently met.
- You love a challenge. Canadawide Sports has gone through extensive growth, but it comes with challenges and opportunities. You must be comfortable driving processes through ambiguity
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships
- You act with appropriate urgency to various ad hoc events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work with several different business partners (vendors/accounting/sales/CSR/etc.) and have strong communication skills
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Supply & Demand, Purchasing, Inventory Management
- Advanced Excel experience and the ability to generate insightful reports
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills and proactive problem-solving ability
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
About Canadawide Sports:
Since the 1980’s, CWS has been delivering the best sports brands to customers in Canada!
Today, we supply sporting goods to customers in North America from coast-to-coast. We work with large national retail partners, buying groups, specialty independent stores and select eCommerce sites.
Company: Canadawide Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A