This Job Listing is about Canonical in Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana 2022
As the global company behind Ubuntu, with the mission to deliver all of open source, Canonical offers mission-critical support and operations for a wide range of open source technologies to some of the most successful organisations and partners in the world.
You will thrive in this role if you have a strong business focus, an understanding of the enterprise open source support market, and a passion for solving real user problems. You will drive the product definition and product strategy for the full-stack enterprise support – from open infrastructure (OpenStack, Ceph, MAAS), through Ubuntu OS, up to open source applications (Kafka, NGINX, PostgreSQL, Tomcat, and many more).
Product managers at Canonical must be confident presenters, speakers and writers, capable of generating interest and excitement in our innovation and products. We are data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on enterprise support and services.
- Product manager for enterprise support for a broad scope of open source services, including infrastructure, Ubuntu OS, and applications
- Ensure alignment across stakeholders
- Generate leads by producing compelling, high-quality content
- Deliver sales training and sales collateral
- Be the voice of the customer
- Identify growth opportunities
Valued Skills And Experience
- Industry knowledge of the enterprise open source support market
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Commercial astuteness for pricing and product strategy
- Knowledge of Linux and Ubuntu in data center environments
- Understanding of physical compute – servers, networking, storage
- Understanding of open source applications – such as Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB, NGINX, PostgreSQL, Tomcat
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Application Deadline: N/A